“Good value hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Free parking
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Oranjestad
“Good value hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hotel has gone thru traumatic changes due to previous mismanagement. In process of updating property which is taking some time due to the immense damage done by looters while buildings had been closed a couple years ago. New patio tables and some remodeling going on. Rooms are a little outdated but very clean. Friendly personal, grounds and pools being well kept. Would recommend and definitely would sty here again. Grounds nd pool area very quiet and restful with a short walk to the ocean across the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TropicanaGM, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Hi Cher,

Thanks for sticking by us. Fortunately, the future looks bright. We have a lot of ongoing projects this year. Luckily, they haven’t been too disruptive and people are enjoying the improvements. The north side pool is in his final stage of renovation, as we speak.

I look forward to seeing you next year.

Be well,

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
vt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Tropicana is undergoing renovations and progressing nicely (we are timeshare owners). The staff makes this resort - all are friendly and interested in ensuring your stay is wonderful. The buildings and rooms are clean and the daily housekeeping service is great - even when something small was not working correctly, it was repaired quickly. The new grocery Store (Super Foods) right behind the resort makes life easy and affordable. The slide is still fun and the pool clean. We look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi Sir,

I always say that I am glad to be on this team. Aruban people are some of the friendliest and most hospitable folks I’ve had the pleasure of working with. We look forward to saying “Bon Bini” again to you and your family on your next visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed here and got an incredible package deal for a half week getaway through an airline. The room was large and the bed comfortable, and the environment was fairly quiet; we slept very well. The resort itself does not offer much, though it has a giant pool with a slide (great for kids) and casino. They were in the middle of renovations, but the layout is awkward so when you walk towards the main patio from the lobby there is a huge empty space and you have to walk around a small building to get the pool area, which is slightly unnerving to walk across at night alone, especially with very few people there. It is a little rundown as well, having only a single computer for use and a tiny gym, peeling paint etc., but for the price it was great. It is also right across from La Cabana, where I have stayed several times and is a far superior resort, though the price reflects that as well. Either way, you're only a short walk from the island's best beach, and as long as you food shop to cook in or plan to dine out around the island (not something all-inclusive), if you're looking for a very cheap deal but still a fairly pleasant stay, this is it.

Room Tip: ground floor is best and has a larger living area that extends onto the outdoor patio.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
TropicanaGM, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Good day sir,
Thank you for the review. I appreciate the feedback.

As you noticed, we are doing a lot of work on the property. Hopefully it didn’t impact your stay. The water slide pool you mentioned, including the bar, shade and pool deck are being made over as we speak. The project is scheduled for completion by June 30th.

You’ll be pleased to hear that we have just begun the planning phase of the painting project and I’ve ordered some new equipment for the gym.

I look forward to welcoming you again. If there is any pre-planning or assistance we can offer, please do not hesitate to call upon me.

Regards,
pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

3 times @ trop this year (so far) and another great one ! Ok folks, its not The Ritz but for $98 a night its a steal.... BIG rooms, 2 tv's (one a flatscreen) kitchen came in handy every day (grocery store next door) There was construction going on alot, noise @ the other end of hotel, sound did not get to my room .....it seems the whole one building is closed for a make-over , which will be nice, BUT the price will go up :o( I never get maid service (solo guy here) so I really dont mess up (sorta neat freak) but they called"every" day to see I needed anything !!! WOW....Pizza Bobs was very nice (pumpkin soup) good pizza etc. and never crowded , Im very pleased w/everything !! Great security too, I walked to my car to find my camera, I was half way into the back seat rooting around, I backed out only to come face to face w/a security guard 3 feet away, ( I was like "where in the H*## did YOU come from) And then smart me says :" I'm looking for a camera": the guard says "really sir" is this your car, I fumbled for proof ( key, car rental papers in glove box .) that was so cool actually, good safe feeling !!! Oh,DO NOT take off your wrist band !! I did and boy they weere on me asap, had to be escorted to the front desk, for proof and a new band.....all in all a good place, will be back soon !!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for the feedback. I really enjoyed your review. Neat freaks are always welcome at our resort – we don’t discriminate against anyone :)

I’m glad the security team executed well. I’ll pass on the information to the manager so he can relay it to the team and the impression it left.

Please don’t forget about us on your next visit to Aruba.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from Aruba. I spent 5 great nights at this resort.
My unit was huge, clean and comfortable. There are two resturants, Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robbins, casino and a mini mart on property. It is conveniently located with a beautiful beach across the street. It is family friendly. The staff were friendly and helpful.
I would return and stay again. As a travel agent, we look at properties with a critical eye, I only have great things to say about this property and will recommend it to my clients.

• Stayed June 2013
Thanks for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated. Let us know when your customers are coming and we can welcome them on your behalf.

Sunnyvale, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I came to this hotel on a family vacation and was not impressed by the outdated rooms. Our
stove didn't work, the water pressure in the bathroom is a joke and the casino is not even connected to the propery. To top things off, the pool with the swim up bar and water slide is under construction. My suggestion to anyone reading this is to stay at the hotel right across from this dump, La Cabana.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Clara,
Sorry about the inconvenience. We had planned to take our pool down later this year for some work, but we had a leak to contend with that expedited the project. I will be in contact on your specific room so I can follow up on the issues.

Willemstad, Curacao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a long weekend stay in Tropicana for Soulbeach weekend and it was really good. This is a my 3rd visit to Aruba all the 3 times I stayed @ Tropicana! No complains what so ever.
I suggest everyone to stay at this hotel as it is near to all the things to do in Aruba.. I am planning to go in AUgust and will for sure stay at Tropicana again!

Room Tip: The Pool with slide is Funnier :-)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Excellent. I’m glad to hear that we are performing consistently. The Soul Beach Festival keeps getting better every year. It is a fantastic event for Aruba.

We’ll see you in August. Feel free to stop by my office and say hello.

Brian Stedeford

Been to Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!