“Three Weeks in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free parking
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Oranjestad
Monroe, Georgia
“Three Weeks in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just spent 3 fantastic weeks at the Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino. This place excels in everything from location to a super friendly staff.
Upon our arrival we were greeted with "welcome home" from the bellhops and the front desk personnel and our housekeepers.
Our unit was exceptional, large and clean.
They have done many new and exciting projects on the grounds and are in the process of remodeling and re-furnishing all of the units at this resort.
Kudos to Brian and his staff for all they are accomplishing.
Can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet. All have A/C and fans, the pool view rooms are great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
TropicanaGM, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Georgia,
I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We try our hardest to meet everybody’s need. We have so much going on – each day the property just gets better. You’ll be amazed to see all the changes on your next visit. Thanks for the comments on our super friendly staff, I’m glad I’m on their team.

Be sure to stop by my office and say hello on your next visit.

Brian Stedeford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Absolutely the dirtiest place I have ever stayed at. I can handle outdated rooms but it was filthy. The bathroom had pubic hairs in the tub from the previous guests. Dried food on the pans and silverware. The sheets on our bed were also dirty. It was disgusting. It was so bad it grossed my fiancé out. The only positive thing about this place is the location. The staff at the front desk wasn't extremely friendly (again which I can handle if the place is clean). I would highly recommend staying across the street at La Cabana. Definitely the nicer of the two. We wish we would've paid the extra money to stay there. The pubic hair in the bath tub was just too much. They also take a $200 deposit your first day but you won't get it back. I don't mind paying $6 per day for air conditioning but I do mind that they didn't tell us about that charge or the $10 a day charge on top of that. We will go to aruba again but we won't be staying there.

• Stayed May 2013
TropicanaGM, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Brian & Lynelle,

Sorry again for what transpired. It was certainly a failure on our part. I appreciate the feedback you provided here and all of the additional information you provided over the last few days. The exchange was really helpful. As I committed, we’ll follow up with the action steps I outlined.

I’m looking forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Brian Stedeford

P.S. Thanks for the paint longevity tip. I need to do some investigation on the cleanser we’ve been using, but I think you may have saved me a bit of money and grief. I owe you one ;)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

i stayed at this hotel for 6 days 5 nights i work for airline and was on vacation with my family. the check in staff was great and the girl who signs you up for the day tour was very wonderful. upon my check out from this hotel which was on a Saturday morning i was told that i did not return 2 beach towels or had to pay $25 per towel i told the lady at the counter that i had return my towels two days prior because i was supposed to fly out on Friday morning but my flight was full so i had to extend my stay. i then told her the girl in the towel hut on Thursday took my towels but never wrote it returned to them because she was more concern about her conversation the lady at the counter then told me to go back to the towel hut and see if i see the same girl. i went back to the towel hut and there was another lady there i told here what happened and she told me she worked that day in the towel hut and i told her am very good with faces and no you were not . then a young man came in the towel hut to find out what was going on she told him in there language what was going on and he then turned to me and said he worked the hut that same day now i was left to think three people to be working in a very small hut was nutsl. now mind you this young man was at the beach the same the thursday afternoon when i was at the beach giving out beach chairs. its amazing how one person could be in two place the same time . now after speaking with the people in the towel hut i then return to the check out counter i speak with the young lady whom i was dealing with .
now the lady turns to me and tells me now i owe on three beach towels i told here just a little while ago it was two and now it three towels . at this point i was so mad and disappointed at this place which the crazy thing is its part of Tropicana in Atlantic city and in Vegas where i go to Tropicana a lot in Atlantic city and never had this problem before . the lady then call here manager and here manager told her to tell us we are going to have to wait a little while before we can see her. i told this lady i have a plane to catch and this was unprofessional and i paid the money for the beach towels because am sure they won't pay for my ticket home if i miss my flight . so please be careful if you are gonna stay in this hotel make sure they write down if you return your beach towels.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great .there rooms are all suites because Tropicana bought this resort from AL cab...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TropicanaGM, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello,

I'm really sorry this happened. What a terrible way to end your vacation. Clearly, we didn't have our best foot forward. While I can't "take it back," I'm using this review in our Operations Meeting this morning to discuss with the team so we can improve for the future. There are a number of things that happened here that are unacceptable.

I'll be sending you a personal email to obtain further information so I can follow up directly with the team members involved and to ensure you received the refund for the charges.

If your travels bring you back to Aruba, I do hope you'll give us another chance and allow me to apologize in person and show you we have learned from this.

Raynham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at the Tropicana with my girlfriend for a long weekend as part of a package with Blue Green vacations. We did do the 2+ hour presentation which was not too bad but not exactly what I was looking for.

That aside it's not a bad place to stay overall. Rooms are a decent size and had full kitchens which is nice. The maid service basically just made the bed and made sure we had tp. No complaints about any of the desk staff or bartenders. Actually the bartenders were great and the food at the bar was better than expected. The beach is across the street but you don't have rights to the cabanas unless you are tied in with la cabanas which is the nicer of the 2 locations.

• Stayed April 2013
TropicanaGM, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

I'm sorry if you had trouble getting a shade hut on the beach. All of the beaches in Aruba are public and those huts are distributed on a first-come first-served basis. We utilize and maintain them with La Cabana and one of our beach attendants can assist in setting up chairs and getting space next time.

I hope to see you again soon.

Thanks,

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were very pleased with the accomodations at the Tropicana Aruba. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The bell captains were very friendly and were very quick in getting us cabs when we needed them. The hotel room had a full sized kitchen, living room and spacious bedroom. The pools were beautiful. There was a large modern grocery store a couple of blocks away. The beaches were the best I have ever seen (this includes beaches on the Gulf in Florida, the Atlantic, the Pacific, and Hawaii. The guest relations person was very helpful in booking some side trips for us and the bell captain, Pablo Hoyos was very pleasant. I left my cell phone at home and the front desk informed me that for $3.00 I could use the computer located in the lobby. I was impressed with the high speed of the internet and was able to keep in contact with my family via daily emails. Very nice vacation for us and we would definately stay at the Tropicana again.

Room Tip: Our balcony was on the east side so we got the morning sun which was great while we had coffee and r...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TropicanaGM, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Carol,

Thanks for the kind words! I’m really happy you enjoyed your first trip – hopefully, there will be many more to follow. There is a reason Aruba has the highest level of repeat visitors in the Caribbean. If there is anything we can do to assist on your next visit, please don’t hesitate to call upon us.

Manitoba
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

CONS:
This was our very first stay in Aruba. We visited the year before for a day while on a cruise stop. We were so impressed with our time at DePalm Island that we vowed to return. We stayed at the Trop during the week of March 23rd to March 30th. The following week we moved across to La Cabana.
Being longtime Interval International members, their standards have always been first class, we were surprised to see how dated our unit was. We knew this going in after reading many reviews here on Trip Advisor but we did not expect to find what we did!
Our adult daughter pulled out the sofa bed that first night and after laying down for only a half hour she got up crying. The springs were coming through on the cheap thin mattress. Our Grandson had the single pull-out which was strangely in the kitchen???? That mattress was something you would find in a dumpster. It was a thin foam mattress covered in multiple smelly stains. Instead of using this gross mattress, he elected to sleep on the chair cushions we placed on the floor and covered them with the only thingwe had on hand... a dirty comforter!
Our daughter spent time sleeping on the couch or the floor.
We felt so bad for them that we surrendered our surprisingly comfy bed for a night of good sleep on their last day so not to suffer too much on a 20 hour travel day.
For our first meal we decided to cook some pasta. The biggest pot in the unit held 2 cups of water! Had to phone housekeeping and waited for a bigger pot to arrive.
Checking in and out took FOREVER!
PROS:
The best short waterslide I ever experienced!
Not crowded.
Under construction/renovation but it was not even noticeable.
Close to a great grocery store....Super Foods.
Safe area.
DePalm tour desk on-site.
Plenty of cabs around and close to a bus stop. Public bus transport was efficient and only $2.30 US p/p each way.
Cabs have set fares and A/C....no meters......that helps when it's slow bumper to bumper in Orenjestad when cruiseships are in port......

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room with new beds!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TropicanaGM, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review. I was surprised when I read the subject line because all of the rooms recently received new mattresses. I read later that these were at least comfy. Unfortunately, the sofa bed mattresses, while scheduled, haven’t been replaced yet. I’m sorry it was uncomfortable. I wish I would have found out sooner so I could have found a solution while you were here.

Although it will be of no consolation for your past stay, there are many other improvements taking place. No doubt you saw the activity on property with the restaurant being added and new elevators being installed. The first group of rooms are being prepped for their enhancements: painting, new air conditioning units, new linens, updated furniture, new curtains, new rugs, a flat screen television and new artwork.

Hopefully you’ll give us another chance when you visit Aruba again. I’d love to meet you in person and show you around.

Brian
Monticello, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

my wife and i have stayed the tropicana aruba twice but have been to aruba quite often. we stayed this time from march 29th to april 5th. the first day there i lost my ipod touch either on the beach or somewhere else. i was so upset but didnt let it ruin our vacation. the tropicana has def improved since the last time as always the entire staff were great. we also went to the new pizza bobs in the courtyard and the food and bar tenders were very nice. long story short, its been about three weeks since we have been home. just this morning my wife called me at work and sayed she had good news for me, she said she got an email from the tropicana saying the pizza bobs bartender found my ipod and took it to the office, found my wifes info and emailed her for are address so they can send it back!! i couldnt belive it. that kind of humanity is the reason when my freinds ask us why do we go to aruba all the time instead of some other island i tell them because thee aruban people are the most sincere kind people ive ever met. so thank you so much to the pizza bobs bartender and also the tropicana staff. cant wait to come back to our home away from home!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TropicanaGM, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Wow! Thanks for the feedback. I’m so glad you had a great visit. I share your thoughts on the Aruban people – I’m honored to work among them. I’ll be sharing your review with our team and making sure the individuals involved are recognized.

Brian Stedeford

Been to Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!