This was our very first stay in Aruba. We visited the year before for a day while on a cruise stop. We were so impressed with our time at DePalm Island that we vowed to return. We stayed at the Trop during the week of March 23rd to March 30th. The following week we moved across to La Cabana.
Being longtime Interval International members, their standards have always been first class, we were surprised to see how dated our unit was. We knew this going in after reading many reviews here on Trip Advisor but we did not expect to find what we did!
Our adult daughter pulled out the sofa bed that first night and after laying down for only a half hour she got up crying. The springs were coming through on the cheap thin mattress. Our Grandson had the single pull-out which was strangely in the kitchen???? That mattress was something you would find in a dumpster. It was a thin foam mattress covered in multiple smelly stains. Instead of using this gross mattress, he elected to sleep on the chair cushions we placed on the floor and covered them with the only thingwe had on hand... a dirty comforter!
Our daughter spent time sleeping on the couch or the floor.
We felt so bad for them that we surrendered our surprisingly comfy bed for a night of good sleep on their last day so not to suffer too much on a 20 hour travel day.
For our first meal we decided to cook some pasta. The biggest pot in the unit held 2 cups of water! Had to phone housekeeping and waited for a bigger pot to arrive.
Checking in and out took FOREVER!
The best short waterslide I ever experienced!
Under construction/renovation but it was not even noticeable.
Close to a great grocery store....Super Foods.
DePalm tour desk on-site.
Plenty of cabs around and close to a bus stop. Public bus transport was efficient and only $2.30 US p/p each way.
Cabs have set fares and A/C....no meters......that helps when it's slow bumper to bumper in Orenjestad when cruiseships are in port......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bon Bini! Experience a world of limitless adventure and sun-filled days in Aruba. The Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino is just a short stroll to the white sands of Eagle Beach and centrally located in the low-rise district away from the crowds. In addition to lounging around on one of the Top 10 beaches in the world, Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino is near a myriad of entertainment options, numerous attractions, live cultural events and of course, shopping. When you need a break from the action, grab a book (or turn on your tablet) and check out the pool. Don't forget to stop by Bikini's Pool Bar & Grill and we'll serve you up a frosty beverage of your choice. Should you need any assistance making reservations or scheduling activities, our friendly on-site concierge staff will be happy to assist you. We can even create a special package of events tailored to your specific interests. We look forward to welcoming you! Sincerely, Brian Stedeford General Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Aruba Resort And Casino
- Tropicana Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- The Aruban Hotel
- Aruban Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba La Cabana
- La Cabana Resort Aruba
- Aruban Resort Casino
- Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad