“Pablo Hoyos” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Oranjestad
Tillsonburg, Canada
“Pablo Hoyos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was our 4th year in a row staying at the Tropicana and things are improving every year.
The Pizza Bob's opened the day before we left. We received the flat screen tv's while we were there and there are many more improvements being made to the resort every day. The pool is absolutely beautiful. The new sports bar "Busters" is a happening place.
A special thanks to Pablo who is ever helpful in his job with greeting everyone as they arrive and helping with luggage. He is always smiling and asking if you need anything done. He was especially happy the day we left as his son's 16th birthday was that day.
We look forward to returning and seeing Pablo again.
Take care Pablo

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
TropicanaGM, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dean,

Thank you for the kind words about Pablo. This was the first of two positive comments he received just this week. He is a great employee. I’m lucky to be on his team. Rest assured, he’ll be recognized because of your review.

I’m glad you enjoyed the new restaurant. It has been a homerun so far. I love their BBQ chicken pizza. I’m also glad you got to see some of the new stuff arriving. We have a new shipment coming in almost weekly now and it has really packed a punch in the rooms.

I hope to see you next year.

Be well,
Brian Stedeford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Commerce Township, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed at Tropicana in Feburary of 2013 for a week. As always, our room was very nice and clean. The grounds were beautiful and the staff was especially friendly and helpful. The airlines lost our luggage for 2 days, but we managed. I spent some time in the casino, more than usual, met some great people and had a ball. We took some amazing pictures and can't wait till next year. I will use the outdoor grill next time and looking forward to the new pizza place opening.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay. I’m sorry the airline lost your luggage. If you need any assistance locally with compensation for replacement items, let me know and I’ll be happy to help out. I live on property – I could have let you borrow some of my clothes :)

Too bad you missed the opening of Pizza Bob’s. It has been a real hit with the customers. Next time!

Be well,
Brian Stedeford
Chaska, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel. We rented a two bedroom unit that has been updated. They are making improvements to the rooms and property. One day I saw an entire row of new mattresses outside the rooms they were updating. There was not construction noise. I like the pools at the property. We did not go to Busters or the casino. We did enjoy Dunkin Donuts and Ben and Jerry's almost daily though! We went to the pool bar one time but the mixed drinks are watered down and the smoothies were pricey. There is a huge new grocery store across the street that has everything you need. Get an insulted cooler bag to take drinks to the beach and out to the pool. This saves big bucks. Our kids were happy with the frozen juice bars we bought instead of getting a smoothie every day. This property is quiet and not over crowded. If you are looking form room to spread out and not drop a ton of dough for a good resort, this is your place.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated tow bedroom.
Haverhill, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed on Week#9 at the Tropicana Aruba. The Grounds are steadily Improving.They are constructing a Pizza Bob's for the Future.
This local Pizza in Wonderful.
Plus, There is a new Full Service Supermarket close by. They even have ready to go meals for breakfast, lunch or dinner!!
OK, I hear the complaints about the old Furniture but who spends
alot of time in their Rooms?Besides, you need to leave so the Maids will freshen up which they did for us on a regular basis. The new Microwave and Toaster are working fine and you are a five minute walk to the Beach!!
I did want to give a special thanks to Liliana Tromp at Guest Services at the Tropicana Aruba. She was Professional and Timely with all our requests for Dinner Reservations and Directions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

As owners, we were very happy to see the updating that is going on at the Tropicana. New elevators, family friendly courtyard, flat screen TV's are ariving, New mattresses, and more being done. The current management of the resort is really paying attention to all guests needs. Of course the beach is the best, the staff is more than excellent, and we are very pleased that we are part of the transition happening at the Tropicana. You won't be disappointed when you stay there, and you won't want to leave the beautiful weather.
See you there next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you need a place to sleep and not break the bank.... This is the place to pick. it's out dated and needs work. i was out most of the day enjoying the beaches so it didn't really bother me. Ramon in the front desk was the best....service was very good. i went fishing and cought a nice fish with my son. Ramon offered to clean it and cut it for me. I was shocked he did it. I offered a tip and he said no way enjoy. if you want a five star than go an pay the price.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

If your looking for a five-star resort, then this isn't for you. The rooms could use a little updating. But I've been here four times now because of the great value and great location. The room has a separate bedroom and large closets. It's larger than your run-of-the-mill hotel room. Full kitchen too. Two TV's. The mattress on the fold out sofa didn't look good. We were thankful that we brought a blow-up camping mattress to put on top of it because our son used the fold-out sofa sleeper. Nice balcony view. The two swimming pools were large and clean. Great location, a few minute walk to the beach. One of the best beaches in Aruba! Raymond the bellman was very helpful and Enrique the happy hour bartender was very entertaining! My only frustration was using the one computer in the lobby to check my e-mail. I had to check with the staff at the front desk to log me in every time, so I had to wait in line for all the other customers just to use the computer. But I would definitely go back to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!