Thank you to the owners and staff for a wonderfull stay this February. We go to this resort; for the price, cleanliness of the entire pemises, safety, the location, the pool, the casino, and the proximity to the beach, in that order. We do not go on vacation to look out the window of our room. We reuire a safe, clean, dry, room.
We checked in for a stay from 2/3 thru 2/15. Our Febuary reservation could not be found! After some searching our reservation was found to have been listed with January dates! Without a lot of urging the front desk and reservation crew had a meeting of the minds. We were assigned to the penthouse in bldg. 4!!
This town home topped the suite we once had at the Divi Golf resort. This two level town home was gorgeous and spacious. The two of us were getting lost in the; 3 bedroom, 3 bath, 5 TV, 2 living room, suite. Of course there was also a hot tub located on the balcony with four chaise lounges, a couple of chairs and a large picnic table. There were 2 minor maintenace issues that
I reported to the front desk. In both cases the response and corrective measures were taken care of within 30 minutes (NY time / not Island time)
The only negative comment that I have is in regards to the bartender at the swim-up bar:
He couldn't make a "virgin colada" to save his life. Yes! I have been a bar keep.
He never annoinced Happy Hour..
Throughout the day he played music to suit his own taste, Latin. Not that of the customers.
The volume of the music was always changing for no apparent reason; muted, loud, low, loud
muted, low, etc.
Last but not least is his loud, obnoxious, voice. Another guest described his laugh as coming from a macarbe horror movie.
The rehab is underway in bldg. 2 and the pool areas. The focus of work seems to be the pool areas which in the past had been described as being the best on the island.
This was our 7th or 8th visit to Aruba. One stay was at the Divi Golf resort. But all of the other stays were at this resort complex dating back to the original seperation from La Cabana. The friendliness of the staff and the guests is contagious. This is the easiest place to start up a conversation with a stranger and have a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bon Bini! Experience a world of limitless adventure and sun-filled days in Aruba. The Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino is just a short stroll to the white sands of Eagle Beach and centrally located in the low-rise district away from the crowds. In addition to lounging around on one of the Top 10 beaches in the world, Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino is near a myriad of entertainment options, numerous attractions, live cultural events and of course, shopping. When you need a break from the action, grab a book (or turn on your tablet) and check out the pool. Don't forget to stop by Bikini's Pool Bar & Grill and we'll serve you up a frosty beverage of your choice. Should you need any assistance making reservations or scheduling activities, our friendly on-site concierge staff will be happy to assist you. We can even create a special package of events tailored to your specific interests. We look forward to welcoming you! Sincerely, Brian Stedeford General Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Tropicana Aruba Resort And Casino
- The Aruban Hotel
- Aruban Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba La Cabana
- La Cabana Resort Aruba
- Aruban Resort Casino
- Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad