First of all, this was certainly a cheaper option when staying on the island of Aruba (Aruba is VERY expensive as a whole - be warned! $5.50 for a bag of potato chips, anyone??).
We had an apartment on the 2nd floor, overlooking the rather lovely pool and courtyard area. The pool was clean, (loved the pool slide and the ever pressent Iguana's!).. the hotel staff VERY friendly, and the apartment itself was on the large side. The bed was the biggest I've stayed in in a long while, and the kitchen came fully stocked.
Just a few things to improve on though....the worst aspect about this room was the overwhelming smell of damp/mould. It's obviously a sea-air issue that they have failed to find a cure for...the damp in the room was so bad, the fridge and the bedside lamps were actually RUSTING AWAY!! Rust stains all over them, and the wooden veneer on the kitchen cabinets was rotten and peeling away due to the damp.I would never use the sofa bed...it just stank of mould.
Running the (welcome) air-conditioner 24/7 did nothing to get rid of the smell. It's something that urgently needs addressing during their upgrade.
The rooms are very 'retro' (the oldest hairdryer I've ever seen in a psychodelic green/blue bathroom) and need updating.
Overall, this place just needs a complete overhaul...but there are clearly signs that they are doing that. But you can bet it will be on 'island time' ...so don't expect it done soon!
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Tropicana Aruba Hotel
- Tropicana Aruba Resort And Casino
- The Aruban Hotel
- Aruban Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba La Cabana
- La Cabana Resort Aruba
- Aruban Resort Casino
- Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bon Bini!Tropicana Entertainment acquired the former Aruban Resort & Casino. The resort will undergo major refurbishment, but we are currently in the design/planning phase. There has been some minor construction work, but the disturbances have been minimal and will not impact your stay.We have the largest hotel rooms on the island! Every suite has a full kitchen and plenty of room for four people to sleep comfortably in a one-bedroom unit. In 2013, the rooms were enhanced to include flat screen televisions, new mattresses, new bedding, new curtains, new artwork, and other refreshments. The project began in April and is estimated to be completed by mid-September. There are two restaurants at Tropicana: Pizza Bob’s and Buster’s Sports Bar & Grille. Additionally, there is a Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robbins, Mini-market, Community Grills and the Crazy Parrot Swim-up Bar. Plus, there is a grocery store right across the street. There are many other restaurants within walking distance and our concierge in the lobby will be happy to make a reservation for you.The Trop Club & Casino is a boutique casino with 100 slot machines and 7 table. There are nightly promotions and entertainment four nights per week. Buster's Sports Bar shows all of the NFL games and UFC fights. The property is a very short walk to Eagle Beach. There are two large pools and a 150 ft. water slide. There is an on-site spa with massages available under the waterfall. We look forward to welcoming you! Sincerely, Brian StedefordGeneral Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.