First of all, this was certainly a cheaper option when staying on the island of Aruba (Aruba is VERY expensive as a whole - be warned! $5.50 for a bag of potato chips, anyone??).
We had an apartment on the 2nd floor, overlooking the rather lovely pool and courtyard area. The pool was clean, (loved the pool slide and the ever pressent Iguana's!).. the hotel staff VERY friendly, and the apartment itself was on the large side. The bed was the biggest I've stayed in in a long while, and the kitchen came fully stocked.
Just a few things to improve on though....the worst aspect about this room was the overwhelming smell of damp/mould. It's obviously a sea-air issue that they have failed to find a cure for...the damp in the room was so bad, the fridge and the bedside lamps were actually RUSTING AWAY!! Rust stains all over them, and the wooden veneer on the kitchen cabinets was rotten and peeling away due to the damp.I would never use the sofa bed...it just stank of mould.
Running the (welcome) air-conditioner 24/7 did nothing to get rid of the smell. It's something that urgently needs addressing during their upgrade.
The rooms are very 'retro' (the oldest hairdryer I've ever seen in a psychodelic green/blue bathroom) and need updating.
Overall, this place just needs a complete overhaul...but there are clearly signs that they are doing that. But you can bet it will be on 'island time' ...so don't expect it done soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bon Bini! Experience a world of limitless adventure and sun-filled days in Aruba. The Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino is just a short stroll to the white sands of Eagle Beach and centrally located in the low-rise district away from the crowds. In addition to lounging around on one of the Top 10 beaches in the world, Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino is near a myriad of entertainment options, numerous attractions, live cultural events and of course, shopping. When you need a break from the action, grab a book (or turn on your tablet) and check out the pool. Don't forget to stop by Bikini's Pool Bar & Grill and we'll serve you up a frosty beverage of your choice. Should you need any assistance making reservations or scheduling activities, our friendly on-site concierge staff will be happy to assist you. We can even create a special package of events tailored to your specific interests. We look forward to welcoming you! Sincerely, Brian Stedeford General Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Tropicana Aruba Resort And Casino
- The Aruban Hotel
- Aruban Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba La Cabana
- La Cabana Resort Aruba
- Aruban Resort Casino
- Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad