Let's get one thing straight right up front... THIS IS NOT THE RITZ CARLTON! With that said... Upon checking in the clerks at the front desk couldn't care if you were there or not. It just a yob!
The entire place is undergoing a complete exterior renovation so some sections are disrupted. Each unit is owned individually and maintained by a property management company. It's obvious this 18 year old property has been mismanaged and gone down hill. We were fortunate to get a very well kept two room apartment ($83 a day) (2532) with a brand new king sized mattress... and did not use any of the dilapidated facilities. It's a great location just an easy 5 min walk through the LaCabana Beach and Racquet Club to the beach where FREE umbrellas and beach chairs are plentiful and available. Other times we used our $35 a day rent a car for easy drives to the High Rise Hotel district for dinner and entertainment. The rent a car is a must! Cabs aren't cheap and buses eat up your entire vacation time. Example: $25 one way to the airport to the hotel + tip.
There is a brand new grocery store right across the street from the property, so picking up groceries is also EZ.
All these reviewers who are complaining are spending tooooooo much time at the hotel. We got a great deal for a spacious room. The rooms are spacious but have dated decor, but for the price we paid it was a great value. Our room was cleaned everyday and the property is safe! What's that worth? You're not buying the place... you're just holding over for a few days and get to take your wallet home with you!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bon Bini! Experience a world of limitless adventure and sun-filled days in Aruba. The Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino is just a short stroll to the white sands of Eagle Beach and centrally located in the low-rise district away from the crowds. In addition to lounging around on one of the Top 10 beaches in the world, Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino is near a myriad of entertainment options, numerous attractions, live cultural events and of course, shopping. When you need a break from the action, grab a book (or turn on your tablet) and check out the pool. Don't forget to stop by Bikini's Pool Bar & Grill and we'll serve you up a frosty beverage of your choice. Should you need any assistance making reservations or scheduling activities, our friendly on-site concierge staff will be happy to assist you. We can even create a special package of events tailored to your specific interests. We look forward to welcoming you! Sincerely, Brian Stedeford General Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Aruba Resort And Casino
- Tropicana Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- The Aruban Hotel
- Aruban Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba La Cabana
- La Cabana Resort Aruba
- Aruban Resort Casino
- Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad