“Back From Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino

You added Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd. #248 | Aruba, Oranjestad Aruba, Aruba   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Oranjestad
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Back From Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Back from 22 days at Tropicana and it has come a long way in the last year. Checked in quickly and room ready . Although updates not complete our unit was spotless ,stocked and overlooking the pool . Pablo helped us to the room and was a valuable asset during our stay ,can always count on him! The grounds and pool areas look great,grills running well ,courtyard has many additions of games and tables. Yes the units need upgrading and that is coming , but who stays in the room in Aruba ? Housekeeping is daily ,restaurants in walking distance and the best beach in Aruba a short walk away . We are proud to own here and thanks to Tropicana and the staff for making our vacation amazing . Eventually this will be a five star property in the books but to us it already is 5 star ! Won at the casino to boot.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are open but are definatly quieter overlooking the waterfall pool
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here 7/11/12 - 7/21/12.

We got exactly what I was looking for when we stayed here. A large suite, with seperate bedroom, livingroom, and kitchen. A short 5 minute walk from one of, if not the best, beach on the island (Eagle). Friendly staff with good service, clean rooms, and a price that cannot be beat. If you are looking for an affordable place with the best deal, this is the place for you.

The two downsides to this property that you likely will see in other reviews as well:
-Outdated rooms
They are showing a little wear and tear and does not have a modern feel. I didn't mind because it was huge, had a seperate door to the pool and again, the price can't be beat for what you get
-Not an ocean view
The La Cabana is directly in front of the Tropicana and blocks most of the view of the ocean.
I did not mind because it was still very close to the beach and I had plently of oceanview from one of their free chair rentals on Eagle Beach. If you are planning on spending a lot of time on your balcony and want a good view, you may want a place directly on the beach.

Since they do mention the casino in the name, I do want to comment that it is pretty small and the couple times we went to check it out there were only a handful of people in there. The casino has an attached restaurant that we went to for breakfast that was pretty good too.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The people trashing this place need to recognize that its not one of the $200+/night places. If you can afford that, you shouldn't be here. There is nothing fancy about this hotel, but at the same time the rooms were clean, well maintained and comfortable. The staff was very friendly, and even found my phone charger and had it safely stored for me when I returned a few days after checkout to ask about it. As far as waling to the beach across the street, this was not big deal either. The Marriot on Palm Beach is right on the beach and you can have a room that is a longer walk than this was. The street you cross is very small, and everyone in Aruba stops for pedestrians, so no trouble crossing. Eagle Beach is also one of the best beaches on the island,.

Oneonta, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Ten stars to Raymond the bellman and Jess at the front desk! Our king room was clean, needed an update but we didn't really care, The TV in the bedroom came on whenever it wanted so we unplugged it. The elevators were being worked on so we took the stairs. Everything else was just great! Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Upper floors (4 and 5) have a view of the ocean
Orlando, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My family and I were recently here for my brother's wedding. Although you may find the guestrooms to be spacious with a kitchen facility they are way outdated. There are no amenities at desk and everyone with the exception of the casino and restaurant staff and the awesome bellman Raymond you will find no smiles or guest service here. I called down to FD to ask for conditioner and was laughed at by the service agent work the late night on Friday July 20, 2012 at 10:30pm. I asked if i needed to speak with a manager who could I speak with and was told told to report all problems to housekeeping?? There was no manager on duty. I do want to also let you know we received a group rate so my head line may not be entirely correct. I did like the pools and the fact we could get Dunkin Donuts but really outside of that you wont find what you would at a limited service property. Even the person that ran the gift shop on July 20, 2012 in the afternoon yelled at the elder woman in front of me when she asked for change and gave me an attitude when I asked the price for a red bull (which was 3.50 USD). We had about 10 guestrooms in our group and surprisingly they split us up all over the hotel. Personally I would not stay here again! Thank you Raymond for making our stay bearable and being so accommodating to our group!

One note about the spa my brother got his nails done at the spa for the wedding it was a basic mani/pedi for 86.30 USD! With that price I would stay away and got to town to one of the nicer spas with much better pricing.

Room Tip: The bride and groom stayed at the Amsterdam Manor. Much more up to date property right across the st...
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Resort elevators need upgrading, bed sheets looked worn. Walk to the beach was short about 5 minutes. Eagle beach was beautiful. Great pools, staff was friendly. Cable TV service needs an upgrade. The kitchen was convenient! If you are looking for a quiet and peaceful place I would recommend this resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
TropicanaGM, General Manager at Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for the feedback! I hope you and your family had a nice vacation. I'm happy to say that we are in the process of upgrading all of the verticle transport systems - that's what the specialists call the elevators to justify the outrageous costs :)

The first installation starts in late August.

I'm sorry if your TV connection wasn't good. I'll send a personal email to get further information so I can have troubleshooting done.

Kind regards,

Brian
G.M.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Just spent 2 weeks at one of the best places on the island. The staff, service and facilities were outstanding. It's in a great location at eagle beach which was rated one of the best beaches in the world. Yes, you can stay at one of the many "Big" hotels on the island and feel like an ant in a ant hill. But the staff at LaCabana make you feel very special. Just remember, bigger isn't always better. My family and friends are counting the days until we return next July .

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!