We got a room in the renaissance through a time share exchange, so I cannot comment on the price. i like this hotel. First, the website of this hotel is not really clear the set up. There are actually 2 different buildings about 2 blocks away from each other. One is at the waterfront next to the casino. It is mainly for families. The other building is right in downtown and is for couples. It is behind the main road but you still can get ocean view.
We stayed in the the 'family" building. The check in was nice and quick. The room is actually a suite with decent size and clean. It has a small ktichen with stove. The swimming pool is nice and big. There is also a man-made beach at the hotel but the water is not that good. It is a good place to watch the sunset though.
The "couple" building looks nicer than the other one. There is a dock right inside the lobby area. The jellyfish behind the reception makes it look high class. I heard that the rooms are small though. The dock is for the complimentary water taxi going to the private island.
This private island is tremendous. The taxi ride is about 10 minutes long. The island is beautiful. It has 2 beaches; one for couples and the other for families. There is a ship wreck just outside of the "couple" beach. But the current is strong. You need too be a strong swimmer to snorkel there. The water at the beaches is calm as bath tub. The 'couple beaches has a few flamingoes wander around and there are iguana everywhere. Both kinds of animals are mild and they make the island so much more exotic.
There are a few good restaurants right next to the hotel. They are trendy with good food. you. Since the hotel is close to the downtown, you can walk around the downtown area and it is quite relaxing. If you are on budget. You can get grocery from the supermarket in the town to make lunch in the hotel room.
Although, it is away from the main hotel areas, the private island suit us well 'cos my wife does not like being in a crowd. The private island is perfect for her.
I would recommend renting a car and drive around the island for a day or 2. There are lots of stuff to see around the island.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel
- Renaissance Aruba
- Renaissance Aruba Resort Casino
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Resort
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The wonder of Renaissance Aruba isn’t just white sandy beaches, or crystal blue waters. The chance to discover something wonderful is all over the island, and we can show you the way. Our location in Oranjestad’s vibrant downtown gives you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic, get the thrill of a hand of poker in our two casinos, or take in Aruban culture from the beating heart of Aruba’s capital city. For an escape within an escape take a water taxi to Renaissance Island, Aruba’s only private beaches. Its pristine, secluded shores offer peace and solitude simply not found anywhere else in the world.We offer two hotels each with their own unique experience, but still allow you to enjoy the amenities of both. The Renaissance Marina Hotel was especially designed to be an intimate couples escape, and features a water launch to Renaissance Island from inside the hotel itself. Renaissance Ocean Suites is perfect for families so the littlest ones can discover the wonders of paradise for themselves. No matter where you go with Renaissance Aruba Resort and Casino we will be your guide to finding everything this happy island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.