“Renaissance Marina All Inclusive Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oranjestad
Ontario
“Renaissance Marina All Inclusive Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Just returned back from the Renaissance Resort Marina! Phew! What a great trip!
I really have nothing bad to say about this resort. The people in this resort are helpful and always nice. The island itself is beautiful and people are friendly. There is no bad spot to avoid.

The rooms are clean and taken care of. The bath itself could use an update but not a major issue. There was zero issues with the room we stayed in and we were on the 4th floor.

The food was great. We tried all the resturants that the AI offers but found that LG Smiths was the one we frequented the most. I compare it to the "Keg" offering steak plus many other choices.

The only thing you have to get used to if your All Inclusive is they give you the bill to sign each time for everything. 15% tip is already added to anything you get. It took me a day to get used to doing that.

If your looking for " night life" or a crazy party atmosphere, this is not the place. It is laid back with music playing at the main bar for the night. It was normally not crowded and could get a seat right at the bar.

The Renaissance has its own private island, and the boat picks you right up in the lobby of the Marina side. There are 2 sides to the private island, adult and family. We were told that the family side is much better and it has the beach grill/bar there as well. We spent our entire time on the family side ( we have no kids) and werent bothered with kids running around screaming etc. It was normally not busy at all, and lots of chairs to go around.
Word of caution for european travellers. It is not highly advisable to sunbathe topless on the family side. Thats what the adult side is for.

Overall it was a great trip, and the weather was mainly sunny with overcast skies. It did rain once but lasted about 30 minutes and was sunny again. I would definately recommend this resort and will most likely see me return again.

Some of the people that make this place more enjoyable than it is are ; Merly and Sugar ( sorry cant spell your name right) at the Blue bar in the main bar. And Geordino and Joselyn at LG Smiths. Go see them, they are fantastic people.

On another note, while people are packing their shorts, sunscreen, ipods and such one thing people forget to bring with them lately is Manners. Please, Thank you, Excuse me .. the list goes on but is forgotten. Remember we are ALL on vacation, not just you.

Room Tip: If you stay on the lower levels facing the main bar area, you will hear the music and such if you go...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (686)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My first impression of the resort was good, I had an ocean suite it was super clean and nice looking, the check in was very easy, the room was clean and very nice. After a long day of traveling around to get there with a two years old kid I was exhausted and hungry so I went down ( I had an all inclusive so drinks an food were included) to look for dinner and one of the guys I asked to orient me didn't know a thin, I soon started to feel frustrated and robed because no one approached me to help. I went to the front desk and they gave me a map that seriously I draw better maps, it took me nowhere. So the best thing to do is go and explore yourself it is a very safe place, and ask the free shuttle drivers they know better. It is a good place to relax, I call it stress free zone, no one is worried or stressed actually they are too relaxed specially the employees. Once you get over the issues the best things to do here is eat at the LG Smith, grate food and service specially from a waitress called Washington,and after 11 pm this restaurant has a couple of musicians that will let you sing if you want and a nice bar service, take the boat to go to the private island, seat at the beach, order food and enjoy it wherever you want, Blue open bar has grate chicken wings, and Acuario restaurant has a grate breakfast and dinner buffet and I have to mention some of the staff that was so kind with me Juanita, Jose, Bety, Peter and a couple others that I cant recall their names. Walk at night around the marina. The resort has a grate location because you can do all your souvenir shopping at few steps from the resort. If you like to party, or noisy places, or to enjoy shows don't go here, if you have lots of accumulated stress this is the ideal place. But get ready for the return at the airport it is a nightmare, lines and lines carrying your luggage with you. I personally spent 3 hours in line and I was traveling from Aruba to Miami.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending my 40th birthday in Aruba. My BF and I spent 6 nights at the Renaissance Ocean Suites. Overall, I was satifsfied with the accomodations. I think that my expectations had been lowered after reading some of these reviews. The room was quite spacious for the two of us, and very clean. I thought the bed was quite comfortable, and I slept 8-10 hours each night. (Highly unusual for me!) I liked having the mini fridge for juice, sodas, and beer. We bought rum at the supermarket and mixed a lot of our own drinks. My only complaints about the room are that the furniture in the living area was quite dirty. I didn't even sit on the couch or the side chair. I must admit that I am a bit of a germophobe, so I was probably overacting! Also, the bathtub drain was clogged the entire time. Maintenance supposedly came to fix it, but we were still ankle deep in water by the time we finished showering. We were on the first floor in room 2132, which was close to the lobby. That made is really easy to get to the free wi-fi area to check emails and Facebook on my tablet.

We did the private island only one day. Bought a bucket of Balashis and hung out on the family side. Fortunately, there were not many kids around that day. I loved the island, and the water looked and felt great. Many people advised me before not to be worried about bugs. I accidentally left my Bug Guard in the room, and that was a huge mistake. BF and I got eaten alive. I thought that we would be safe considering how windy it was. We hung out by the pool area more often. I had some wonderful Aruba Aribas made by Nelson and Julio. There were a couple of female bartenders that were not very friendly, and their drinks were not very good either. Grace was my waitress on my birthday. She was sooooo sweet. After I told her about my bday, she brought me some flowers. It almost made me cry. I put them in a glass of water in the room. The next day, our housekeeper added some greenery to them and created an arrangement. Sometimes, it's the little things that mean so much!

Check in and out were not a problem, although the front desk staff members that I encountered were not very friendly. Beware of the 75 cents local calls and the $10.95 government timeshare tax that are added to your bill. They sure added up. Overall, I was pleased with the Renaissance. Would I stay there the next time I'm in Aruba...Probably not. I took a look at the Riu and fell in love! That's where I'll probably stay next time. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I just returned from a 5 day (too short) stay at the Renaissance Aruba Resort and Casino. I had a terrific time. All of the staff was outstanding, helpful and friendly. In particular, the bartender Rafael makes a perfect Mojito and is always ready with a helpful suggestion on local eats and attractions. I didn't want to leave! I'll be back.

Room Tip: We had diving gear, so requested a room on the 3rd floor which had extra balcony space.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance Aruba Resort, adult only building with all-inclusive option in January 2013 for 1 week. The hotel and facilities were very good. The downtown location is not typical of a resort environment but it provided lots of activity and people watching. The boat shuttle to the private island went frequently and the trip was short. Food was good in all the restaurants.

We were surprised by the many North American chain stores, including Starbucks!

The public transit bus terminal was only 2 blocks away. Easy to travel north to the low rise and high rise hotel districts. The beach up there was fantastic. Lounge chairs and umbrellas are available to rent for the day.

The Aruban people are very friendly. They don't call it 'One Happy Island" for nothing!

We visited the Butterfly farm. It was fascinating. Don't miss it.

We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Arrival Nov 10-17, 2012
We are a family of 3 people (2 adults, 9yr old boy). Flight and check in was easy - we went with the all-inclusive option.

ROOMS:
We stayed at the Ocean Suites - had a great family room with pull out sofa bed and separate bedroom with ensuite. The room was great - nothing fancy. Had a closet, dresser, desk, 2 flat screen tvs, in room safe, mini fridge. We had a small balcony with table & chairs. We had no issues with hot water/pressure or a/c at all. Room was well cleaned every day.

RESTUARANTS & BARS:
We had the all-inclusive option and found the food at all the resorts available restaurants to be FANTASTIC. The charge card system for the all-inclusives is a bit worriesome and a hassle for quick ordering since you had to sign a slip for every single drink (meant we ordered alot of multiples!).

BEACH/POOLS/GROUNDS:
The main pool is small but more than adequate with a swim up bar. There is also a small "beach area". We never had problems getting beach chairs.

We went to the private island which was a nice short boat ride -- there was great snorkelling there and lots of iguanas.

This resort is very small and was very well kept.

ACTIVITIES ON & OFF RESORT/HOTEL:
We rented a car for less than $40 and toured the island geocaching by ourselves - great fun! We also took a full day island tour with ABC Tours for the off roading places our rental car dare not go -- highly recommend them!

Other Comments:
We brought our laptop with us and had no issues with internet – we purchased a week of service. We used a magic jack for phone service without any trouble.

We loved the small hotel atmostphere, local shops and safety of Aruba - would we go back?? YES absolutely!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed for 8 days and 7 nights at the Adults Only Marina Resort. The lobby and hotel features were beautiful! The proximity to downtown Oranjestad was great- we often took the short walk to the Ocean Suites and the Marketplace. We did not opt for the All-Inclusive plan and were happy with all of the restaurants that Aruba has to offer.

Our room was very nice- comfortable bed, great view of the water and Marina, separate room with door leading to sinks, mirrors, closets, bathroom. The infinity pool off of the lobby was really beautiful and refreshing. The resort isn't overwhelmingly massive, but there are many wonderful things that it has to offer- The Renaissance Mall (high-end stores), The Marketplace (plenty of great restaurants), Casinos, Starbucks, etc.

The best part of this resort is BY FAR Renaissance Island, the hotel's private island (the ONLY resort-owned private island in Aruba)!!! The island is breathtaking! The turquoise water is amazing to look at on the boat ride over to the island. The boats came VERY often (every 10-15 minutes) and the ride took 10 minutes with great views of the Marina, the Ocean Suites and the island strip leading to the island. There are always enough chairs on the beach, we usually spent the day at the family beach, Iguana Beach because it was a little more lively than the adults only beach. The sun is very strong on the entire island but there is plenty of room a few steps back from the water underneath the palm trees for that great Aruba breeze. The ocean is blocked in by a big rock wall so you don't have to worry about drifting out on one of the ocean lounges that you can rent for the day. The iguanas, flamingos and birds that roam around the island make it really feel like a paradise island. We went to island at least once a day. Our experience on Renaissance Island made the trip! Any little flaws could easily be overlooked. If you are looking for a great private resort (not on a huge strip of busy hotels) with a great beach experience- this is THE resort to stay at.

Overall, I would highly recommend this resort for anyone who wants a great experience in Aruba. I am definitely planning to return to the Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino
Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellari...
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 4,089 reviews
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
#2 of 9 in Oranjestad
4.0 of 5 stars 1,873 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,393 reviews
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 4,259 reviews
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclusive Resort
Occidental Grand Aruba All Inclu...
#22 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 4,017 reviews

Been to Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!