I had the pleasure of spending my 40th birthday in Aruba. My BF and I spent 6 nights at the Renaissance Ocean Suites. Overall, I was satifsfied with the accomodations. I think that my expectations had been lowered after reading some of these reviews. The room was quite spacious for the two of us, and very clean. I thought the bed was quite comfortable, and I slept 8-10 hours each night. (Highly unusual for me!) I liked having the mini fridge for juice, sodas, and beer. We bought rum at the supermarket and mixed a lot of our own drinks. My only complaints about the room are that the furniture in the living area was quite dirty. I didn't even sit on the couch or the side chair. I must admit that I am a bit of a germophobe, so I was probably overacting! Also, the bathtub drain was clogged the entire time. Maintenance supposedly came to fix it, but we were still ankle deep in water by the time we finished showering. We were on the first floor in room 2132, which was close to the lobby. That made is really easy to get to the free wi-fi area to check emails and Facebook on my tablet.
We did the private island only one day. Bought a bucket of Balashis and hung out on the family side. Fortunately, there were not many kids around that day. I loved the island, and the water looked and felt great. Many people advised me before not to be worried about bugs. I accidentally left my Bug Guard in the room, and that was a huge mistake. BF and I got eaten alive. I thought that we would be safe considering how windy it was. We hung out by the pool area more often. I had some wonderful Aruba Aribas made by Nelson and Julio. There were a couple of female bartenders that were not very friendly, and their drinks were not very good either. Grace was my waitress on my birthday. She was sooooo sweet. After I told her about my bday, she brought me some flowers. It almost made me cry. I put them in a glass of water in the room. The next day, our housekeeper added some greenery to them and created an arrangement. Sometimes, it's the little things that mean so much!
Check in and out were not a problem, although the front desk staff members that I encountered were not very friendly. Beware of the 75 cents local calls and the $10.95 government timeshare tax that are added to your bill. They sure added up. Overall, I was pleased with the Renaissance. Would I stay there the next time I'm in Aruba...Probably not. I took a look at the Riu and fell in love! That's where I'll probably stay next time. Enjoy!
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel
- Renaissance Aruba
- Renaissance Aruba Resort Casino
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Resort
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The wonder of Renaissance Aruba isn’t just white sandy beaches, or crystal blue waters. The chance to discover something wonderful is all over the island, and we can show you the way. Our location in Oranjestad’s vibrant downtown gives you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic, get the thrill of a hand of poker in our two casinos, or take in Aruban culture from the beating heart of Aruba’s capital city. For an escape within an escape take a water taxi to Renaissance Island, Aruba’s only private beaches. Its pristine, secluded shores offer peace and solitude simply not found anywhere else in the world.We offer two hotels each with their own unique experience, but still allow you to enjoy the amenities of both. The Renaissance Marina Hotel was especially designed to be an intimate couples escape, and features a water launch to Renaissance Island from inside the hotel itself. Renaissance Ocean Suites is perfect for families so the littlest ones can discover the wonders of paradise for themselves. No matter where you go with Renaissance Aruba Resort and Casino we will be your guide to finding everything this happy island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Amex, BookIt.com, Otel, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.