First time to Aruba for the Martin's, second time for Biletchi's. A different kind of holiday from what we've done in the past. Being downtown feels more hustle and bustle, but never really rushed....you could easily choose to be part of it , or just chill. It didn't take us long to learn the new speed, no worries.
The staff at the Renaissance made us feel so welcome every day. Jasmine by day, Sugery by night at the Blue bar and grill had our number so quickly. We never really had to ask for anything....they either remembered what we liked or made suggestions for us to try something they think we would like. We felt like we were their only guests! They were also willing to answer all the questions we had about the island and culture.
Maria and Alex took good care of us on the island. Again, gracious and welcoming. Alex first struck us as not very engaging, quiet, not very social, but we quickly discovered his quiet wit and mischievous side. He was very forthcoming with his expert advice on drinks....When we would ask for for a melon smoothy, he would simply say, "no"...."raspberry passion", and we would reply, "ok Alex, if you say so!" Man, was he right ...great drink! We stopped ordering and would just look at him, eyebrows raised, as if to say "what shall we have Alex?" He never disappointed us. Marie was always attentive, friendly and chatty with us. You felt like you had a friend.
Marina tower rooms were nice..comfortable. We discovered keeping the temperature at 68 degrees dealt with humidity and helped dry our wet clothes, bathing suits. Upcoming renovations will hopefully address the tubs which were a little hazardous (narrow and slippery) .
Food at the Aquarius (seafood) was really good. The steakhouse was also very good. Actually, the food at the Blue was perfect too. Hmm, no complaints. The Captain's Corner restaurant over at the Suites section was a disappointment in comparison...
Overall, great experience, and we owe it to the good people who took care of us. Thank you!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The wonder of Renaissance Aruba isn’t just white sandy beaches, or crystal blue waters. The chance to discover something wonderful is all over the island, and we can show you the way. Our location in Oranjestad’s vibrant downtown gives you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic, get the thrill of a hand of poker in our two casinos, or take in Aruban culture from the beating heart of Aruba’s capital city. For an escape within an escape take a water taxi to Renaissance Island, Aruba’s only private beaches. Its pristine, secluded shores offer peace and solitude simply not found anywhere else in the world.We offer two hotels each with their own unique experience, but still allow you to enjoy the amenities of both. The Renaissance Marina Hotel was especially designed to be an intimate couples escape, and features a water launch to Renaissance Island from inside the hotel itself. Renaissance Ocean Suites is perfect for families so the littlest ones can discover the wonders of paradise for themselves. No matter where you go with Renaissance Aruba Resort and Casino we will be your guide to finding everything this happy island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Marriott, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad