First this is NOT a 4 star hotel. It is a 3 star.
We booked thru Priceline when we arrived we were told at check in there was a " service" charge of $ 24.95 per night. Not right.
Well the good. The staff is amazing. Melissa at the front desk, Eduardo the bellman, and Maria the waitress on the private island were great. They went above and beyond to help make our stay better. The private island is WONDERFUL. Never crowded, always a chair.
The bad. Rooms are dated. No place to get coffee before 7am.
The ulgy. We were put in a room that was next to the glass doors at the bar. Noise all night. We asked to be moved the next day. We were in a room 1317 that smelled of mold., bad! Housekeeping tried to get the smell out to no avail. It was gross. I bought a can of Lysol for $ 14.00 at the market and sprayed the room down every morning and night. That helped with the horrible smell.
All and all not bad hotel. Will not stay there until updates complete in 2014.
Also bothersome the management of this hotel has not responded to any of the reviews on Trip Advisor, good or bad. That makes me think they just don't care. I called Marroit customer service before I left on vacation with concerns about what I read poste here. They were not helpful at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The wonder of Renaissance Aruba isn’t just white sandy beaches, or crystal blue waters. The chance to discover something wonderful is all over the island, and we can show you the way. Our location in Oranjestad’s vibrant downtown gives you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic, get the thrill of a hand of poker in our two casinos, or take in Aruban culture from the beating heart of Aruba’s capital city. For an escape within an escape take a water taxi to Renaissance Island, Aruba’s only private beaches. Its pristine, secluded shores offer peace and solitude simply not found anywhere else in the world.We offer two hotels each with their own unique experience, but still allow you to enjoy the amenities of both. The Renaissance Marina Hotel was especially designed to be an intimate couples escape, and features a water launch to Renaissance Island from inside the hotel itself. Renaissance Ocean Suites is perfect for families so the littlest ones can discover the wonders of paradise for themselves. No matter where you go with Renaissance Aruba Resort and Casino we will be your guide to finding everything this happy island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, BookIt.com and Odigeo so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad