We stayed 12 nights in this hotel in november (also Thanksgiving). We stayed here with a little child so we had to stay at the family side (Ocean Suites) at the forth floor (24..). If you want a suite, this is the best price-quality option at the island I think ($190/night incl. charges). We booked the island (parking lot) view because the pool/sea view was 70 dollars per night more and we didn't want to spend that amount of money.
Room: The room itself is quite nice if you have children. They can stay in the same suite but not in your bedroom. The suite has a good size. We looked elsewhere (for example Palm Beach) but other hotels don't have the same concept with the standard suites. Definitely a pro. The bed is terrific and of a quality you should expect in a Renaissance hotel. The pillows are good as well. The bathroom has a good size but is not very well kept. It needs new tiles and new furniture. The living room is large. The "kitchen' is not well equipped, only a coffeemachine (broken), a sink and and a microwave.
So you can't cook there. No plates/knives/forks as well, only two mugs and two glasses.
Cleaning: Terrible. First of all most of the cleaning ladies don't speak English or Dutch. Only Spanish. So I had to use the 10 Spanish words I speak to communicate. But that's not the really the problem, the cleaning quality was. We stayed 12 nights. During this time they didn't vaccum the carpet, replace the bathrobes, use a duster at all and clean the side tables. They only did the trash, the bed and the towels. When we left it was really dusty. I think they clean it very well before arrival but don't clean during your stay. Anyway; not more than 2* quality. Of course it is not the end of the world but it is not what you expect in a Marriott (Renaissance) hotel.
Location: The location is very nice and unique. Everything is easy to reach. The marketplace with a Subway, Starbucks, Haagen Dasz and several good restaurants is perfect. Very clean, attractive environment to spend your time. You can also go to the other hotel (5 min walk), there are a lot of high-end shops and also a nice Starbucks. You can also take the boat to the island there. You can also go the Fort Zoutman for the Caribbean night (5$, nice show and good food).
Facilities: The island is nice. The boat service is good but we had to wait 20 minutes what was too long with a little child and the hot climate. We didn't see a schedule for the boats (should be nice).
I tried the fitness center a few times. It is open 24/7 and has everything you need. Also towels and water. I took a few aqua-aerobics lessons (sunday-thursday); friendly teachers and good exercises. I didn't try Zumba (saturdays), Yoga or the Power walk (tuesdays and thursdays, 5$).
Food: We bought vouchers for buffet style breakfast (15$ each, minimum of three nights). Breakfast at Captain's Corner is very nice because it is outside (at the poolside). They have plenty of choices. Some days there are mosquitos, so be aware of that and bring repellent. We also tried breakfast at the Marina hotel. This is air-conditioned and has more choices. It should be very nice if the orange juice was freshly squeezed, we didn't like the one they have because it is very sweet. We also had lunch once at the Marina hotel (buffet style). It was very good but expensive (30$ each + 15% service charge).
Pool: Nice, enough towel and beds. Also a small beach, so you don't have to go to the island if you don't want that.
Overall I think it was a good hotel to stay with children and as a base for visiting Oranjestad. It is not so overwhelming as Palm Beach is. And the island with the restaurant is a pro. If you want a hotel being perfect and luxurious; don't stay here. But if you want a holiday with all the facilities you could dream of and a lot of things to do in the surroundings and these rooms are ok for you, this is a nice and unique place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel
- Renaissance Aruba
- Renaissance Aruba Resort Casino
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Resort
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The wonder of Renaissance Aruba isn’t just white sandy beaches, or crystal blue waters. The chance to discover something wonderful is all over the island, and we can show you the way. Our location in Oranjestad’s vibrant downtown gives you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic, get the thrill of a hand of poker in our two casinos, or take in Aruban culture from the beating heart of Aruba’s capital city. For an escape within an escape take a water taxi to Renaissance Island, Aruba’s only private beaches. Its pristine, secluded shores offer peace and solitude simply not found anywhere else in the world.We offer two hotels each with their own unique experience, but still allow you to enjoy the amenities of both. The Renaissance Marina Hotel was especially designed to be an intimate couples escape, and features a water launch to Renaissance Island from inside the hotel itself. Renaissance Ocean Suites is perfect for families so the littlest ones can discover the wonders of paradise for themselves. No matter where you go with Renaissance Aruba Resort and Casino we will be your guide to finding everything this happy island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.