I traveled to Aruba for my 3rd time this November and stayed at the Marriott Ocean Club, Marriott Surf Club and Renaissance during my trip. In my option, I would stay in the high rise hotel area (marriott, hyatt, westin, etc area). The hotel was clean, in a good location but didn't have a beach. You can go to the private island but this requires getting on a boat and going back and forth and following a schedule. On vacation, I want to relax not plan.
On a plus side for this hotel, the pool area was nice and large. It was rarely full and we had a choice of seats. It was great for sun bathing but had limited shade and umbrellas available. (Aruba sun is very bright and I need the shade to prevent burning)
The rooms (Ocean Suite) were very small and are in need of some updates. The bathroom is showing wear and tear. The bedroom area is in near the front door of the room and does not have any windows to the outside. The living room area is the only space with natural light. Additionally, we found that the bedroom area was a bit musty.
Also, don't plan on arriving any time before 4pm - they will not let you in the room before check in time There are tons of guests in the lobby each day just waiting to check in each day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The wonder of Renaissance Aruba isn’t just white sandy beaches, or crystal blue waters. The chance to discover something wonderful is all over the island, and we can show you the way. Our location in Oranjestad’s vibrant downtown gives you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic, get the thrill of a hand of poker in our two casinos, or take in Aruban culture from the beating heart of Aruba’s capital city. For an escape within an escape take a water taxi to Renaissance Island, Aruba’s only private beaches. Its pristine, secluded shores offer peace and solitude simply not found anywhere else in the world.We offer two hotels each with their own unique experience, but still allow you to enjoy the amenities of both. The Renaissance Marina Hotel was especially designed to be an intimate couples escape, and features a water launch to Renaissance Island from inside the hotel itself. Renaissance Ocean Suites is perfect for families so the littlest ones can discover the wonders of paradise for themselves. No matter where you go with Renaissance Aruba Resort and Casino we will be your guide to finding everything this happy island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Amex and Agoda so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad