We stayed for ten days at the Marriott Renaissance Aruba and really enjoyed it. The hotel is located in the heart of Oranjestad above an exclusive shopping mall and is close to restaurants, bars and various types of shopping (there is a Kong Hing Supermarket across the street at the rear of the hotel). Keep in mind most shops close at 6:00 pm and are not open, or have limited hours on Sundays.
The infinity pool off the lobby looks over L G Smith Blvd. but can give you the feeling of being on display for those in the lobby and on the street. The sister hotel, Renaissance Ocean Suites is located across the street on the beach side and guests can use the pool facilities at either location. This hotel has has two larger and more private pools, plus a beach area that has been enclosed by a jetty to prevent heavy ocean swell. The hotels also have their own private island and boats jet you out and back throughout the day till 7 pm (a 7 - 10 minute ride depending on the seas). Both hotels have small casinos that serve free drinks while gamboling.
The rooms in the hotel are standard sized with flatscreen TV and decent movie channels. If you are staying any length of time and don't want to pay for an upgrade, request a corner room for the same price and you will be surprised by the extra space you'll have. All rooms have a small fridge (empty) so you don't have to juggle around mini-bar items to store your food and drinks. There is a good sized closet and plenty of drawer space to pack away your things. Maid service every day is great and they always leave enough bath and hand towels; and even face cloths which are not in most hotels in the Caribbean.
We did not go for the "all inclusive" and did not eat in the hotel. They have food service at the lobby bar and only one restaurant which provides the daily all inclusive package for each meal. I would find that tiresome after a few days, especially since there are some quite good restaurants within walking distance. Try out Cellar 23, just outside the rear mall entrance, you won't be disappointed but go before 7:00 pm. The Paddock across the street also has a lovely outside table area overlooking the ocean and they have specials almost every night.
The desk staff and, Lynda the concierge, we very friendly and always helpful to arrange tours, etc. We were there during Hurricane Sandy and they worked very hard trying to accommodate the wishes of all the stranded travellers.
My only negative remark is that I dislike having to use my computer in the lobby. If you want internet access in your room, it is hard wired and comes at a cost of $15 USD per day. I just hate that big hotel chains charge for this service while the smaller chains and private hotels provide wi-fi for free. The lobby is always extremely humid and it makes for an unpleasant way to catch up on your computer business. There is a Starbucks just down the lobby escalator which provides free wi-fi to their customers. It is a little cooler and more comfortable there.
My last comment: the taxi to and from the airport will cost you $18 USD cash only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The wonder of Renaissance Aruba isn’t just white sandy beaches, or crystal blue waters. The chance to discover something wonderful is all over the island, and we can show you the way. Our location in Oranjestad’s vibrant downtown gives you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic, get the thrill of a hand of poker in our two casinos, or take in Aruban culture from the beating heart of Aruba’s capital city. For an escape within an escape take a water taxi to Renaissance Island, Aruba’s only private beaches. Its pristine, secluded shores offer peace and solitude simply not found anywhere else in the world.We offer two hotels each with their own unique experience, but still allow you to enjoy the amenities of both. The Renaissance Marina Hotel was especially designed to be an intimate couples escape, and features a water launch to Renaissance Island from inside the hotel itself. Renaissance Ocean Suites is perfect for families so the littlest ones can discover the wonders of paradise for themselves. No matter where you go with Renaissance Aruba Resort and Casino we will be your guide to finding everything this happy island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Marriott, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad