First I would like to say DO NOT LISTEN to the BAD reviews.
We just got back last night from the Renaissance Aruba Resort. We were there Jan 15-22, 2012.
We stayed at the Ocean Suites side as we travelled with our children 3 and 5 along with family ages 40's-70's. We had 3 rooms between us and it was awsome because our rooms each had a door opening to the next so it was like a 3 suite condo. There is a man made beach at the suites resort. The sand was awsome lots of lounge chairs and the water very nice as well for those that do not want to take a boat to the island.
We never had a problem getting loungers or chairs around the pool or island or suites beach any time of the day. Did not have to get up early to save. Also shade if you want it.
I will sort each comment into sections for the rest.
Rooms: Each room has a king size bed in a seperate bedroom which has a closet and flat screen tv with a door into the washroom. In between the bedroom and living room there is a wet bar with microwave, coffee maker and sink etc. Then the living room has a couch with a pull out bed, another flat screen tv, another closet, storage, a desk and the walk out to the patio. We stayed on the 4th floor room 2430, 2428 and 2426 and had views of the water, the port where all the ships come in and the Renaissance market which had entertainment nightly until 10:00 pm. When the door was closed you could not hear it inside. I will recommend these rooms again when we return. Our bathroom was actually quite nice. The tub was fine no chips or problems. There was warm or hot water whenever you wanted or needed it, Never an issue.
They are very sound proof as well. We never heard our neighbours or people above. And we did not hear any outdoor sound.
2 out of the 3 elevators worked all week and there was a service elevator that you could use if you asked.
FOOD: We made reservations at the steakhouse by emailing before we even went, but we found once there we could book a reservation the morning of if we wanted to switch times or restaurants just by going to the concierge. This may be different if you are there in peak time. But after you check in go and see the concierge and she is a great help.
The food was amazing. L.G. Steakhouse had a good variety for the all inclusive plan this was the only restaurant of them all that you had a seperate menu from the main one. But it had, fish, pasta fillet minon, new york strip, surf and turf a great kids menu as well.
Aquarius was a buffet style fancier restaurant that served a great buffet breakfast with omletts and all the rest of foods you would need or want for breakfast. The dinners were a little different every night a the aqarius and quite good. There was a station where you can pick you meat and have it cooked as well along with great salad bar, seafood collection, all you can eat lobster tail and crab legs. etc.
We did not eat at the lobby at the adult section.
We ate at sole quite a bit which is at the pool bar at the suites. Very good selection and very good food.
I forget the name of the restaurant at the suites side, but it is outdoors and has buffet breakfast as well and is very good they also do omletts there as well. They also serve a dinner here and it is a menu or theme every night. Did not eat dinner here as we ran out of time in 1 week.
The island restaurant is good food, but not as many healthier choices.
Also at the island restaurant they have haagen dazs ice cream bars. And at the sole restaurent they have haagen dazs ice cream mini buckets.
You can also order under the all inclusive red bull.
The island is amazing. Very nice, clear, calm waters. The sand is so soft and beautiful. You can rent a flotie for $5.00 or googles for $8.00. There is an adult only side which is not as nice as the family side as there is no restaurant over there. You have to go see the flamingos even if you have the kids they are okay with that. The iguanas do not bother you unless you go and feed them, but the resort gives them lettuce on the island and mainland and they are around. My girls loved feeding them and touching them. There is a pick up at the tip of the marina along the water path for the ocean suites or you can walk along on the boardwalk to the adult side and get it there as well. Very quick and nice ride. The plans do not bother you at all. They are loud when leaving the airport, but it is not constant, they are not flying over head it is behind the island and only lasts a few seconds. Actually quite nice to watch. There is a gym over on the island as well which i made use of. A treadmill, weights, eliptical. Take water with you in there. There are cold towels in a cooler, dry towels to use and air con in there. Not a big one the main one is at the adult side of the resort.
Kids are allowed everywhere at resorts except the adult pool, sleeping at the adult side and the adult side of the beach other than to look at flamingos.
SHOPPING. Lots of jewellry stores and great prices, barder, barder, barder. There is a nice market by the marina that if you go later in the day you will get better prices again barder, barder, barder. NEVER pay the price they are asking. They are open until 6:00 pm along with the renaissance mall is open until 6:00pm. There are 2 malls out in the high rise district and they are open until 10:00 pm.
Cruise boats come in ever day but sunday's and they are cool to see as well.
There is a festival called the boni festival or something like that right across from the suites section at the clock tower. It is $3.00 and starts at 6:30pm. Quite interesting. It is as an old WWII fort.
The people of Aruba are for the most part sooooo very nice and the island seems so safe. We walked all the time day and night and did not even get bugged to buy or see something. Even when crossing the road 9 times out of 10 the cars instantly stop to let you cross it is not like here where it can take 5 mins to get across a 2 lane road.
The shuttles from the adult side to the suites side when used never took more than 5 mins to wait for. Very consistant and there were even vans used back and forth.
Hope you enjoy your trip as we did. We are planning to return very soon!
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel
- Renaissance Aruba
- Renaissance Aruba Resort Casino
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Resort
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino Oranjestad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The wonder of Renaissance Aruba isn’t just white sandy beaches, or crystal blue waters. The chance to discover something wonderful is all over the island, and we can show you the way. Our location in Oranjestad’s vibrant downtown gives you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic, get the thrill of a hand of poker in our two casinos, or take in Aruban culture from the beating heart of Aruba’s capital city. For an escape within an escape take a water taxi to Renaissance Island, Aruba’s only private beaches. Its pristine, secluded shores offer peace and solitude simply not found anywhere else in the world.We offer two hotels each with their own unique experience, but still allow you to enjoy the amenities of both. The Renaissance Marina Hotel was especially designed to be an intimate couples escape, and features a water launch to Renaissance Island from inside the hotel itself. Renaissance Ocean Suites is perfect for families so the littlest ones can discover the wonders of paradise for themselves. No matter where you go with Renaissance Aruba Resort and Casino we will be your guide to finding everything this happy island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Marriott, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.