“Is He Still There?” 5 of 5 stars

Chicago, Illinois, USA
5 attraction reviews
“Is He Still There?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

During my first of several trips to Aruba, I visited De Shell Man. I didni't know he exisited, but the friend with whom I was traveling had heard of him and his scientific collection of shells. Both of us loving the ocean, we decided to make an appointment to see his collection. He and his wife turned out to be lovely people who must have thought the same of us because they invited us to visit in their home and then spend the next day snorkling with them. At the time I thought they said that they were thinking of relocating, but perhaps they did not. Unfortunately, I didn't get back to Aruba until March 2002 and couldn't find any information about De Shell Man again. I would LOVE to hear any news about Ardt (I THINK) that was his name. I was the young woman from the U.S. who was able to answer his question about how quickly a specific shellfish would grow a new shell after becomeing too large for his old one. Supposedly no one ever did that before and I got a kiss and a huge smile as my reward. :o) Wish I'd not lost all the info I had on this attraction and the lovely people who own it.

Visited August 2011