“Matthew's always delivers!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 167 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casual and chic, Matthew's is renowned as one of the best covered open-air beachfront restaurants in Aruba. Upscale Caribbean, International and seafood dishes are prepared using the freshest ingredients.Besides breakfast, lunch, dinner, we offer all you can eat spareribs on Tuesday's, Martini night and Karaoke after dinner party on Wednesdays, Italian night on Thursdays and of course our daily happy hours with live music at the bar. If you are a sports fan, you'll be happy to know that there are 3 flat screens at the bar that are always showing your favorite sport.
Waltham,MA
“Matthew's always delivers!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We dine at Matthew's Restaurant several times during the week we stay at the DIVI resorts. It is casual, indoors, and on a beautiful beach setting! The food is always good and the wait staff is very attentive and helpful! The steaks are always tender and tasty, the tomato soup and escargot are the best on the island. We will continue to dine there in our future visits!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mpls.
“One of our Favorites this Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Our second night in Aruba, we wandered down the beach and came upon Matthews. With no reservation we were seated immediately. Our meals of Surf-n-Turf and the Grouper were excellent. Our waiter was a bit slow and didn't have much personality. He took the order and brought the food. I wish I could remember the name of the bus boy. He was very nice. He was the one who kept checking to see how the meal was, did we need anything more, etc. He also had advice about places to visit on the island.

Visited April 2014
Freehold, New Jersey
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Wonderful breakfast and also our dinner was delish. Right on the beach and great service. Escargot was delish and our waitress recommended adding gouda cheese and that was really yummy.

Visited April 2014
Weymouth
“A long time favorite that seems to have lost it' Way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Ok I' a long time client of Matthews which I've been told is owned by a couple who formerly ran one of our favorite downtown spots, the former Rumba Restaurant I Oranjastedt. My friends and family have shared many delightful meals at Matthews but thus past March 2014 was Alastair not one of those occasions. We ate aware that many staff members have left over the last year and it would appear that the restaurant has been affected in a negative way.
We were there for week 11 staying at .Costa Linda.service was slow very uneven a true lack of follow-up.my wife's Grouper was tasteless and slow arriving as was the Chicken Parmisian which was ordered by myself and another member of our party. While my brother-inLaws Pizza was acceptable it does not compare favorably to the nearby Pizza bobs which continues to put out a good product. My advice is don't take Matthews off your list just yet beu closely monitor other reviews when deciding where to go.

Mike Weymouth Ma

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toms River, New Jersey
“Fish soup was outstanding, rest of dinner average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Went on a Thursday night. I started with Fish soup which was one of the best I ever had in my life. Full of fresh seafood. My mom had a Caesar salad for starters and loved it also. We decided to split a pizza as it was Italian night. The pizza was good, but not as light or crispy as I might have liked. dough was kinda tough and thick. She insisted it had to be a 'premade' flat crust. ONe of my guests each had mahi mahi, which she liked, and one guest had the chicken Kabob, which was 75% veggie with a couple of HUGE chicken chunks on a HUGE skewer. At first glance, the wow factor is there, but it goes down quickly as you pull the kabob apart. Overall a basic dinner, but outside of the soup, not one I would probably do again.

• Visited April 2014