“New” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa

You added Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Maesycwmmer | Nr. Ystrad Mynach, Maesycwmmer CF82 7SN, Wales   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Maesycwmmer
Newport geent
“New”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We Stayed for boxing night really nice end to Christmas it was the first time we stayed but would defiantly come back . The facilities and rooms spot on the food was good and drinks well priced, the rooms were spotless and as we got upgraded to a suite made it even better. The staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for us, thank you.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
gavyn B, General Manager at Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visits with us. I pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and once again thank you for your fantastic comments. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel Boxing Day and again for New Year's Eve. We were made to feel very welcome on both occasions and the staff were very pleasant . New Years Eve was fantastic all staff including management worked very hard to ensure that all had a good time. The food was excellent but seven courses was to filling for myself but excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
gavyn B, General Manager at Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visits with us. I was so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and once again thank you for your fantastic comments. I do look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind Regards
Blackwood, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at Bryn Meadows on the 14th / 15th December for my birthday, and joint Work Christmas Do. Let's start with the Spa.

We had booked 7 Spa treatments, the first fo which started at 3pm (we printed the e-mail stating this out and had it with us) We checked in at around 2pm, and at 2.30pm we had a phonecall to the room telling us we had missed our treatments. We then went to the Spa, with our e-mail in hand, to explain they had it wrong. We recieved no apology, but were told they could rearrange for later. However, they rearranged for some of the girls so many times, and kept changing their minds, that a number of us didn't have time to enjoy the spa at all. The organiser felt guilty, but it was the fault of the Spa staff. We still recieved no apology.

Rooms - the rooms in the Hotel are very good (if cleaned a little lazily!) but we had no complaint about the actual room. The bed was very comfortable!

Christmas Do - We called twice during the month prior to the evening meal, to state that I have Coeliac Disease and we were reassured both times that the food for me would be totally Gluten Free. When we arrived at the table, I had a normal bread roll - no gluten free rolls available. Which, for £40 per person, is disgusting. What apparent 'luxury' hotel doesn't provide gluten free bread?
When I was served the soup, it had croutons in it, even though I told the waiter on arrival I was gluten free. I had to send it back, and had another bowl of soup after the rest of my table had finished.

When the main meal came out, it had stuffing, sausage and gravy on it. Again, I had to send it back. What came back was barely edible.

I wasn't even offered dessert, even though a diabectic on our table was given a fruit salad. I asked if they had prepared a gluten free dessert, and was told it was just the fruit salad, which I refused. Again, for £40, I expect MUCH MUCH more from an apparent luxury hotel.

The following day, we had breakfast, which was awful - the scrambled eggs were acutally green! How do they go green?! The bacon was overcooked, and everything else was tasteless.

We sent a complaint two days following this event, and we have recieved nothing in return, other than "it's been sent to the manager." Well, the manager has not replied to us in two weeks. We are continuing to follow up on this absolutely appalling service, especially in the night. I've never been to such a badly run party, with such bad food, and with staff (and chefs) who clearly had no idea what they were doing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
gavyn B, General Manager at Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I was disappointed to read our shortfalls during your stay. I would like to apologize for the break down in our communication throughout the resort. We have discussed the issues that you have raised with regard dietary requirements and implemented new communication systems. I am very much looking forward to meeting you when you return after your new addition to the family has arrived. Kind Regards
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Where to start! The spa was totally disorganised and I came out from there more stressed than when I went in! but worse was to come, I had informed the events person that my daughter was a coeliac and was told that it would not be a problem.I had booked the spa, the evening party night and a room overnight for my daughters birthday treat. We were with a party of 10 people, at every course of food the staff brought out a meal containing gluten despite telling them that could not eat it, the staff seemed totally disinterested and made her wait at every course only for her not being able to eat it again. My daughter is 7 months pregnant and if she had eaten this food it would have made her really ill. My daughter went to bed really hungry and upset, the breakfast the next day was awful as well and we could not wait to leave, that 1 night cost me £220 and was a total disaster.I sent an e mail to request an apology and they havent even bothered to reply, very professional !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I was disappointed to read our shortfalls during your stay. I would like to apologize for the break down in our communication throughout the resort. We have discussed the issues that you and your daughter have raised with regard dietary requirements and implemented new communication systems. I am very much looking forward to meeting you both when you return after the new addition to the family has arrived. Kind Regards
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Hotel room and spa no complaint, marquee for party night had porta loos that had no running water in the sinks to wash hands, bonus was you could flush toilet unlike the one in the hotel reception area. During the evening when the portsa Loo's were being used we had to endure the unpleasant aroma from them drifting through . Cost for the evening and accommodation £180 . Had previously read reviews about toilets and gave then the benefit of the doubt. Complained at reception but did not see any change .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and feedback with regard your Christmas Party. I am sorry that you encountered some issues with the toilets during the night, please rest assured that this is being investigated. I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future. Kind regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

A friend & i spent the day enjoying a well deserved break. We had heard mixed reviews, so our expectations were not too high. Overall we had a lovely day. We were received warmly, lunch was lovely (dispite reviews) massage was one of the best I have had, although it was incredibly noisy with other guest chatting & laughing & at times it was difficult to truely relax which is a real shame because it was lovely. The areas where clean & staff friendly & helpful. The pool was a good size although a little cold for my liking. Generally a very good experience, we would definately return the next time i am in wales.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visits with us. I was so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our Spa and once again thank you for your comments. We hope to welcome you back soon. Kind Regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I want to take this opportunity to thank Gavyn Bolton (Manager) personally for the hotel's attentiveness to mine and my daughters needs during our stay 19/12/2013-20/12/2013. We had a wonderful stay and the dinner in particular was lovely and well executed. The staff were very polite and friendly, making us feel welcome and the view from our room was breathtaking. I certainly intend to visit again. Having champagne was an added extra and my only regret is that I didn't have more.
I would certainly recommend a visit, even if it's only to meet Gavyn as he does go that extra mile to look after his guests and is a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am glad that you found the staff so helpful and I was certainly pleased when I read your review. Your comments are very encouraging and an absolute pleasure to read. Thank you again. Kind Regards

Been to Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!