It is not immediately apparent from most of the pictures you will find online but this 'resort' consists of some 2 story rectangular units set on either side of a steep and winding brick road on a well-tended tropical hillside that look out over a most spectacular bay and marina complex. It is not a resort in the way I would think of a resort - it doesn't even have a pool - no restaurant, no lounge chairs on the beach. In fact, no beach.
Instead, through the manned barrier at the foot of the road and across the street, one has the marina. And in this complex are a yacht club with a decent restaurant, a coffee shop, bar, ship chandlers and general store amongst others. Paddle boards can be rented, sailing lessons and cruises arranged. A wonderful beach is a 10 minute walk away and the islands best collection of eclectic bars, restaurants and roadside cafès is within a 10 minute stroll in the opposite direction.
The accommodations consist of self catering units decorated in a Euro meets tropical hardwoods meets minimalist island style. Every unit has at least one balcony with bay view. The air conditioning in our unit was superb. The kitchen was large with a counter and seating on one side, basic utensils provided, no toaster. The small stove was dead and unlikely ever to be resurrected. Staff are friendly and helpful but I had the feeling that sort of repair didn't occur. A common toaster oven in the kitchen would solve that problem.
That being said, not having a stove was really not a problem for us 2 adults.
If you enjoy the kind of vacation where you are not spoonfed your food and entertainment and a bracelet is required to eat at the buffet then you might enjoy the Antigua yacht club as much as we did.
We booked through Expedia and got a fantastic rate on the unit. We also got lucky when we got there and we're given a 2 level suite with 2 balconies. It worked out cheaper than renting an apartment.
We rented a car. Parking is free in a big lot outside resort. There are 2 car rental companies next to the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort comprises of 30 executive suites studio residences (either as single or double unit configurations) and a 19 room Hotel. All rooms are equipped with private balconies, ceiling fans, air condition units, In-room safes, satellite television, hairdryers, direct dial phones, wireless broadband internet access. The resort boasts of a health spa, turkish steam bath, fully equipped fitness centre and a dedicated emergency room with first aid and accident/emergency assistance available. Room Descriptions and Amenities The Antigua Yacht Club Marina offers you an opportunity to enjoy Antiguan hospitality. Each accommodation offers dramatic views of the Falmouth Harbour and the Marinas. They come equipped with ceiling fans, air condition units, electronic safes, DVD/CD players, flat screen televisions, wall mounted hairdryers, direct dial telephones, wireless and modem internet access, daily housekeeping service and fully equipped laundry facilities. There are four types of accommodations: Hotel Rooms All guest rooms have private balconies with views of the Marina. The furnishings are a Asian/Italian fusion with the wooden Indonesian furniture and a 100% cotton Italian linens and soft furnishings. The rooms and bathrooms are both quite large by hotel standards. Garden View Studios They offer great vistas of the tropical gardens with views of Falmouth Harbour in the background. It comprises of a Roomy bedroom, small kitchenette, and a nice modern bathroom. They are 60 Sq Meters (637 Sq Ft), thus are quite spacious and comfortable. Sea View Studios They offer unobstructed panoramic views of the harbour and the marinas. They come equipped with a cozy bedroom with a four poster bed, a good size modern bathroom, small kitchenette and a spacious balcony. They are 63 SQ Meters (679 Sq Ft). One Bedroom Executive Suites They feature a very roomy bedroom/bath suite and a very large living room/kitchen. It is a split level unit with the bedroom/bathroom suite located on the bottom floor and the living area on the top floor. This type of accommodation boasts of 2 separate balconies, one on either level, thus giving commanding views of both the tropical landscaped gardens and the most spectacular Falmouth Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Antigua Yacht Club Marina Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antigua Yacht Club Marina Hotel English Harbour
- Antigua Yacht Hotel Marina
- Antigua Yacht Club Marina Resort English Harbour