“Great fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Lyn and Nicola made a great effort to fit us in for a ride on our last day in Antigua and we couldn't be happier. The horses, Gandalf and Joy, are part Clydesdales, sure-footed and gentle, and we rode through mango trees and palms on entertaining trails to a beach for a trot and a wade chest deep. It went so well that I think we will take some more riding lessons to prepare us for a longer ride to Rendezvous Bay next time. Many thanks to Springhill Stables for a great birthday present for my wife, despite the sore muscles the next day!

Visited April 2014

“Awesome swim on horseback”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

It was lovely to see such well looked after horses and ride confidently into the sea for a swim. It was a dream come true.

Visited April 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“I'm not a horsey person but my good lady is ...great trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I've ridden a horse about 4 times in past 10 years and I'm nae keen on the unpredictable beasts, I prefer a motorcycle, far less dangerous. However, this short ride out was a great experience. Julie is a lovely, friendly and knowledgable host and ride leader. The dobbins were sure footed and largely predictable and the route we did in approx 90 minutes barely touched a road and other traffic . Leading the horses into the sea was memorable.

If, like me, you're a wee bit concerned about riding horses or simply bemused by the attraction I'd still recommend this as a trip out. The wifey tells me the Horses are well cared for and she should know the amount of money she spends on hers....

Anyway a great and new experience that we will repeat.

Thanks Julie.
X

Visited February 2014
Sussex, UK
18 attraction reviews
“Swimming with horses!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

What a magical experience it was,to ride bareback to a small cove, and then straight into the water. I so enjoyed this experience as it was unique, and can thoroughly recommend it! Julie, the owner is absolutely charming and offers other riding experiences.
Have fun!

Visited January 2014
“Bareback swimming with horses !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We were in Antigua last year and did a 2 hour beach ride with Julie which was great but even more memorable was the other ride we did which was a bareback ride to a little cove .....and then straight into the sea wearing just a swimsuit ( me ,not the horse !) They love to swim and I don't know anywhere else I could have done this .
On our return to Antigua this year , I was delighted to see Julie was still there so immediately booked again and did it last week with one friend and today with another !
Great experience , try it .

Visited January 2014