“Good Lunch...but” 4 of 5 stars

Pigeon Point Beach | Pigeon Point Beach, English Harbour 71800, Antigua
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Toronto
“Good Lunch...but”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We went here for lunch one afternoon as we were out touring the island. We decided to go here as we did a tour the previous day and they mentioned how good the place was. I also looked them up on TA to confirm so we put it into our planner. We walked up at about 12:10 and asked the girl if we could have a table for 2. She looked at us and asked if we had a reservation and I said no. This is a fair enough question, but when she looked at us blank stared and then kind of fumbled for a sec, then went in to talk to someone about it, it put a sour taste in my mouth. Why? Because there was only 1 person in the entire restaurant. She came back and said she could seat us (I hope so! but benefit of the doubt, maybe they have 100 people coming in half an hour). We sat down and ordered some drinks and took a look at the menu which they had written on a chalk board (cute). We placed our orders. I had the Lobster salad which was excellent. It had melon balls, some vegetable and a large piece of fresh lobster tail on the top. Very, very good. My partner had the Quiche of the day which was salt cod. It too was excellent. Even the side salad that came with it was very good. The prices where reasonable for what you received. I believe we paid about $80US for 2 glasses of wine, sparkling water, two entrees with tax and tip.
As we ate there was about 2 groups that were seated about 6 to 8 per group. They were loud, but seemed to be regulars as they knew the owners. I watched as a few more couples or small families walk up and ask for a table and they as well, not having a reservation got a bit of a snooty look but were also seated. I make a point of trying the best restaurants at every place I travel too, but this was the first time I felt like I was inconveniencing someone. Though, maybe it was just an off day. If you enjoy good food with a beautiful view of the fort, harbor and some amazing boats, I would recommend but hopefully it doesn't come with a poor attitude.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Kassi22

Kinross, United Kingdom
“Magnifique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

A wonderful setting in English Harbour beside the water with the odd yacht 'parking" to drop folks off for their meal. Owned by friendly Guilluame and Catherine who buy their veg in the farmer's market (saw Guilluame there) and they are beautifully cooked. French and antiguan cuisine. Great choice of food , beautifully cooked to perfection, good service and good value for quality food. One of the best meals on Antigua. Love the decor and whilst the clean toilet is round at the side it is surrounded by beautiful flowers and plants. Highly recommend.

1 Thank adnilyesac
United States
“Beautiful setting, great food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We recently had lunch at Catherine's. The menu was a mix of French/ Antiguan offerings.
I had a lobster salad that was beautifully presented with tons of fruits & veggies under the lobster pieces. We also enjoyed a croque monsieur and duck breast- both delicieux!
The wait staff was warm, welcoming and informative. We will definitely dine at Catherine's next time we are in Antigua!

• 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank turquoisewater4
Chicago, Illinois
“Best place to eat on the island jazz nights are fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Food is terriffic. views are the best . Service first rate

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“What a place...setting, food, great wine, but the TEAM looking after you make it so special...!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Went here for my beloved's Special 40th Birthday lunch....right from the minute I booked our table of four people the feeling was 'special'...not flash, not overbearing 'special' is the best word..!!! Staff great, setting just stunning, food was fresh, beautifully seasoned, perfect portions, lovely variation and some of the best Cotes de Provence Rose I have ever had....the birthday girl had a magical time culminating in the WHOLE place clapping and singing Stevie Wonder 'Happy Birthday' would recommend this gem to all who take the time to head out of the 'All Inclusive' rut you can easily get stuck in...a trip here will absoloutely make your holiday and fill you with the emotions you crave from a great holiday...thank you to Catherine's for the memories 'Special'