Having been to the Caribbean many times, this was our second visit to Antigua and our first to The Inn at English Harbour. The kids have grown up now, so my wife and I were looking for a very relaxing holiday as a change from our otherwise hectic lifestyle. We could not have found a more idyllic place to spend 12 glorious nights.
Our Junior Suite was large with a good sized bathroom, stocked with quality products. It was spotlessly clean and regularly serviced by the the housekeeping staff. A large private balcony overlooked the beautiful well kept gardens towards the sea.
All of the public areas were very comfortably furnished, including the Library, complete with large TV and internet access.
Being there after the busy part of the season, we found it particularly peaceful - and the other guests seemed to be enjoying that too. The beach was very clean and private with plenty of loungers, hammocks and shade when you needed it.
The food was of a very high standard, with good variety from day-to-day (particularly in the Terrace Restaurant for dinner). Chef was extremely accommodating with regard to special dietary needs.
And so to the staff.........There have been many glowing reports here - and rightly so. Although I could reel them all off, it would be unfair to pick out individual names at risk of taking the spotlight away from the others. Everyone was extremely caring, attentive (the Caribbean pace is what makes it all so relaxing), friendly and good-humoured. Apart from enjoying the service, we really enjoyed their company. Our thanks to them all for making our holiday so special.
This has to be one of the best hotels on the island, with a very individual feel. We look forward to returning to the Inn to re-charge our batteries again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a postcard-lovely bay on the island of Antigua, this split-level resort features a hilltop building overlooking English Harbour and the picturesque waters of the Caribbean Sea. The Hotel has its own white sandy beach, with a small but lovely private dock. Clear emerald blue waters are encompassed by the magnificently lush green landscape of the surrounding hills. This semi-enclosure induces a feeling of privacy and seclusion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Escapio, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Inn at English Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At English Harbour Hotel English Harbour
- Hotel At English Harbour
- At English Harbour Hotel
- The Inn At English Harbour Antigua