“Very expensive but nice atmosphere and great food. Service a bit slow” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Bistro

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 77 restaurants in St. John's
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Upon entering the restaurant, you’ll experience a real sense of occasion and a heartfelt welcome. Be prepared to enjoy the elegant, tropical surroundings of the dining room and bar. The atmosphere is both irresistibly alluring and beautifully romantic. Relax and enjoy a seamless dinner, complete with a supremely polished and personalized service from your host Philippa and the rest of the staff. It will be hard to choose from the medley of outstanding cuisine, but the Antiguan lobster dishes come highly recommended. The handcrafted desserts are always to die for and genuine wine lovers will be impressed with the superb range of French vintages and Champagne.
Antigua
“Very expensive but nice atmosphere and great food. Service a bit slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I was atvLe Bistro for a corporate dinner. The restaurant is lovely and not to difficult to find. There are road signs anywhere in the island.

I ordered a steak and a salad with goat cheese. I really enjoyed the food.
Massive quality of ingredients, great presentation, very good preparation.

I would go for fish or meat. I did not order pasta but I saw a colleague ordering. It looked good but I think this restaurant does its best with salads, fish and meat.

It is very expensive and the service is really slow but I recommend it. It's very elegant, waiting staff nice enough and it seems only good ingredients are used for food preparation.

Give it a try!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Norwich, United Kingdom
“US $ 500 Dinner for 4!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

On lots of recommendations we went with 2 friends from Blue Waters to dine at Le Bistro. Although it is nicely appointed it is nowhere near the sea and so has no view. The menu was too extensive and we were disappointed having had such strong recommendations. We had one round of drinks pre dinner, a bottle of red and a bottle white wine, 4 starters, 4 mains and 1 pudding. The mussels had grit in them and the fish was not properly filletted leaving bones. We thought that US $500 was excessive and would have been better off eating in the Cove at Blue Waters.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“High quality restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Classy restauant with excellent service, good food and wines, in a lovely setting. Be aware though the size of the meals are quite large, and after my starter, I could hardly face the large steak I had ordered.
It must be a good restauant though as the prime minister of Antigua, Mr. Spencer and his entourage were dining there that evening.
I would recommend you take some mosquito repellent with you as well .

Visited March 2013
phoenix
“Dinner off the Resort”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We traveled here by taxi to have dinner away from our resort. The restaurant is quaint and the hostess was very nice. We had a large party and they accommodated us. Most of us had the lobster and it was okay, but not the best I'd ever had. They had several birthday celebrations around us, and play Happy Birthday, dim the lights and present them with a dessert. Very fun!

Visited March 2013
“Among the top 5 in the island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Given that the number of options is not unlimited, this a perfect opportunity to get french cuisine. Probably not better than eating in Paris, but worth going there

Visited February 2013