“Convenient and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 St. John's B&B and Inns
Burton on Ttrent
“Convenient and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a convenient and very clean bed and breakfast situated close to the airport. It is a great overnight stop off. The staff are friendly and breakfast was simple but adequate. There are plenty of bays and restaurants in close proximity for the staff to call a taxi for. It is that close to the airport that it overlooks the runway, but the volume of air traffic is that low that we barely heard a flight. It certainly did not disturb us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had the best experience at this little bed and breakfast in Antigua. The owners and staff of this hotel are such nice people, I was treated like royalty. This bed and breakfast is perfect for short stays in Antigua if youre looking to unwind and relax, it has all the amenities and its new and clean and there is high speed internet. I was able to keep in touch with my family at no extra cost. It has the best location, close to the airport, my taxi fee to and from was minimal and close to St. Johns too. Colin the owner was very helpful and made sure all my requests were met. I really appreciated your help Colin. Thank you!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Upper Level, best views!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Oshawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I visited Antigua for the first time and we chose this bed and breakfast and I must say what a wonderful place it is. We were greeted by Collin the owner who was so pleasant and helpful. Peter, another very nice young man, delivered breakfast to our room every morning at the time we requested and it was a nice selection of breads and pastries. We had a nice view from our room, overlooking the runway, my husband is an avid plane spotter. The noise didnt affect us at all and it stopped way before bedtime, The room was wonderfully decorated with clean linens, TV, really cold AC and the internet worked perfectly. I would choose Wind Chimes Inn over any other mega chain hotel simply becuase you get 5 star service and excellent value for money. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

one word HORRIBLE , this place is loud right next to the airport, the water wasn't warm, the people were rude, there is no view or anything. internet was sooo slow and sometimes it didn't work. please STAY AWAY , words can't be expressed how nasty this place is.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I know this place is comparatively cheaper than other hotels but STAY AWAY! I was travelling to Antigua for the first time and was visiting AUA the medical school there.Upon reaching the hotel, I wanted to use the internet. The lady working there told me that the system was down. She didn't seem to care how important it is for the guest to have access. Upon asking her how frequently they are without internet she said "pretty often". I mean there I was in a small hotel room facing the airport runway with no other means of communication. I ended up calling my friends to get on the internet for me racking up my roaming charges on my cell phone. To make matters worse, my room was bed bugs infested. I woke up late night with an itch only to realize that the bloodsuckers had been feasting on me all night. I checked out the next day and moved to Halcyon Cove which was only $15 dollars more expensive and was by the beach. My trip go ruined as I'm still itching, have rashes, and am afraid that I might have brought back the bed bugs with me back to the U.S.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Like most who stay here I had a layover in Antigua. Friendly service, clean and close to the airport. I had enough time to go into St. Johns and walk around. Fun to watch the jets/small planes land and takeoff.

Room Tip: Upper level.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was looking for a cheap place to stay in Antigua since I planned to accompany my daughter entering AUA. I found this hotel online and after reading the reviews I decided to stay at this place for a week. Fortunately,this hotel are located within 5 minutes away from the AUA student housings properties where my daughter will stay for one semester there.

Collin, the owner was very quickly and efficiently replying my email to reserve a room on my arrival. I arrived very late at night and Collin's mother-in-law, Eva, was waiting for me and I was greeted very lovely and she ordered me dinner from a local take away restaurant. No restaurant at Windchimes. She made all the arrangements for us. The staff was great and made my stay really enjoyable.

Room accommodations were excellent, clean, comfortable bed, shower with hot and cold water, TV, wireless high speed internet connection and microwave. I loved the complimentary breakfast which was brought to my room every morning.

I would definitely recommend Windchimes and I would stay there again. Thank you very much Eva and the staffs for wonderful welcome.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Wind Chimes Inn Antigua? Share your experiences!