Do not confuse Galley Bay Cottages with the Galley Bay Resort, which is an all-inclusive hotel that is a hell of a lot pricier! Was pleasantly surprised when I got to the cottages as the pictures on the website do not do it justice. Quaint, fully equipped, airy are some of the words that come to mind. The bedroom contained a four poster bed, 2 large windows and a floor to ceiling opening with shutters. Loved it!
It was a 3 minute walk to the beach.
Loved the nature and foliage that surround the cottages. The view was amazing especially the roof of Armani's house!
Felt extremely safe and never locked the door or windows.
The value was amazing and allowed me to ignore the fact that they did not take credit card online.
If you're looking for a relaxing, laid back vacation, consider the Galley Bay cottages!
- Also Known As:
- Galley Bay Cottages Hotel
- Galley Bay Cottages Hotel St. John`s
- Galley Bay Cottages Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galley Bay Cottages are four charming Caribbean cottages and a mediterranean style Villa located hillside, just steps from the beautiful white sands of Galley Bay beach on the northwest coast of Antigua. Built into the natural landscape of the hill, winding stone paths and steps lead through the property and take you to each of the four gorgeously secluded cottages. Wooden gingerbread cottages each with an ocean view, cool breezes and open layouts allow you to experience a uniquely Caribbean vacation.The shabby chic colonial interiors have been indiviudally decorated and furnished with an eclectic mix of European antiques, renovated finds and Caribbean art. Wonderful details like locally fired and hand painted tiles and face basins, four poster beds and wooden painted shutters are a delight for your eyes daily. Each unit is self contained with a fully equipped kitchen and all have amazing sea views, with private galleries perfect for relaxing day and night. Watch cruiseships entering and leaving St. John's Harbour and catch stunning sunsets while enjoying drinks and dinner al fresco. ... more less