“I love this place!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 St. John's B&B and Inns
Nags Head, North Carolina, United States
“I love this place!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I originally picked this place based on price, but I return because I love it. It's quiet and the staff couldn't be more helpful. The breakfast is wonderful and the view is spectacular. Each room has it's own personality. Most are quite large. The rooms and baths are always clean. The room with the outdoor kitchen is great if you're with a group. The nearest beach is Deep Bay, which I love for it's wide beach and gentle surf. This is a family run place and it feels more like a home away from home than a hotel. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Central Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

The best feature of this hotel is the spectacular view from the open air dining area and the lower level terrace. It was exhilirating for meals and meetings, as I was there with a group for a small conference. My room was just up from the inside lounge area, and it was spacious with a lovely view but there is quite a mix of rooms. Bedrooms are air-conditioned but the main dining and meeting area is not; overhead fans helped. This is basically a large bed and breakfast place so it does not have the amenities of a real hotel; beds are not great and towels and pillow low standard. However, the staff are very accommodating, the cost is reasonable, and there is free wi-fi all over the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the front rooms with a view of the Caribbean.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I recently stayed here with a friend, and we shared a room with 2 beds downstairs. I agree with some views that some of the common areas of the hotel are quite dowdy and a bit dusty/old. The room itself however, I was pleasantly surprised. They were quite clean and neat. True the sheets were thin, the pillows not fluffy, and the towels old. We were skeptical at first but I have to say there were absolutely no complaints as to the CLEANLINESS of the room as that really was our biggest concern. It was spotless. The rooms are all airconditioned and have a TV (although we didn't use). Our bathroom was VERY spacious.

Pros:
- very clean rooms
- even the common kitchen area was spotless (but there were not many ppl staying there at the time)
- FREE FAST wifi!
- rooms are cleaned every day (much to our surprise)
- VERY friendly staff. customer service a plus. For this reason alone I would stay here.
- there are great views from the upstairs eating area and there is a beautiful downstairs open patio area with amazing views

Cons:
- a bit out of the way location, but very do-able by car (we rented)
- place felt a bit old
- you should probably bring your own towel
- electrical outlets in the room scarce
- would not want to stay in the room we got (no. 12) downstairs near the kitchen, as the room is DIRECTLY outside the common kitchen area and you hear everything someone is doing. We were lucky because not many people were staying there at the time so noise was low.

Summary
You aren't going to get better than this for the price. Also Gregory is very pleasant and accommodated our needs and requests. When staying at a place fancy or basic, customer service and cleanliness is the biggest concern for me and this place scored both.

Room Tip: Do not choose room no 12 near the kitchen if the guest house is busy as it gets very noisy with kitc...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
St. John's, Antigua
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I am Antiguan and I chose this quaint lil Inn based on the fact that I wasn't planning to spend much time in the room w/ my bf as we had a lot of activities planned to tour the Island. The pictures looked nice enough on the website and the price was pretty decent so I was sold. Oh what disaster! The cobwebs, the filth was OH MY GAWD awful! When you walk up the reception area there was a table a little way over that was just flat out DIRTY! I could not imagine why no one thought to clean it. The sheets on the foam bed were paper thin and the pillows - oh the pillows! We had a double bed w/ an additional single bed placed awkwardly in the room. The curtains were mildewed. However the bathroom was nice and clean so I must give them that. No toilet paper were in there tho :o Breakfast was lovely. I cannot take that away from them but no matter how many times my bf said, "as long as we are together it doesn't matter" I could not stay there longer than one night. The next day I called Gregory into the room and showed him the picture on the website and told him that the room looks nothing like it and so he agreed to refund us and have us leave. I saw some pics here of other rooms so they probably do have much nicer rooms but they surely can clean up the place a little bit man!

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a week here at the start of April 2012. We had a fantastic time. The hotel has a fine outlook (sunsets) with nice green surrounding garden. It is located very close to what is probably the most beautiful and deserted beach on the island (Deep Bay - complete with the opportunity to snorkel around a sunken ship).
The room was basic but clean and bright (perhaps the mattress was a little saggy). The staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
If you want top-end luxury, then possibly its not the place for you, but if you want somewhere more relaxed and friendly, then it is exceptionally good value.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a window. Someone said that not all rooms had them (although we never saw such a th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Letchworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

the hotel is reached via pitted driveway that matches the fading condition of the whole place. everything is a bit shabby and worn. odd that they don't provide meals other than breakfast. we ate at the hotel down the road and it was dreadful

Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Just v
came back from a 2 week vacation in Antigua. We booked the Inn La Galleria for our first few nights with intentions of finding another place. After several days, we just couldn't leave. Mr. Gregory and Patricia treated us like Royalty. We had the Island View room and the view from our room was really an, "island view". We were able to watch the cruise ships coming into port every morning from our little deck which had a table and 2 chairs. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The air-conditioning was more than adequate. Mr. Gregory actually took us on a tour of Hawksbill and several other places one day. The owners will also book taxis's, rental cars and day trips for you. This is definitely not a new building and at first site we were just a little nervous because the building really needs a little attention. By our third day, it really grew on us and we loved it! The balconies in the common area had breathtaking views and it was peaceful and quiet. The best beach on the entire island is within walking distance of the INN - very calm, clear waters. We are not first time travelers and have been to the Caribbean many, many times to numerous islands and can definitely say that this is the friendliest island that we have ever been to. The value for this accommodation is great. We never really spent much time in the room anyway, always on the go, but this room was very conducive to sleep and relaxation!

Room Tip: We really loved the Island View room. Small, but clean and comfortable with the best view in the pla...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn La Galleria? Share your experiences!