“Quality Day Out” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: The most activities on the island of Antigua in one place! Enjoy clay pigeon shooting, hand gun shooting, archery, mountain biking, rowing, fishing and history tours based at a beautiful clubhouse set in thirty acres of stunning countryside. Free activities include ping pong, pool, table football and darts. Potworks Dam Reservoir, 230 acres of fresh water, provides the backdrop to this unique activity centre.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Quality Day Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was getting a little tired on beach and sea activities every day and so tried this out. I had never shot before so decided to go with my wife. Getting to the destination was a great way to see different parts of the island. We were welcomed very warmly and was taught by a friendly and helpful member of the team called Will. It is something I never thought of doing so was a unique experience. The type of gun we used was no problem and my wife (who is not very big) got an even lighter and low powered one. Had a great time hitting the clays and found the science of the shooting very interesting. Had a few drinks afterwards in a cool bar area. Thoroughly enjoyable time. Would totally recommend it.

Glenside, Pennsylvania
“Great Antigua experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had a great time shooting clay pigeons. So much so that we came another day to try the pistol range and archery. We were a family group of 50+ year olds so we didn't have any interest in the more strenuous offerings. We were of mixed abilities from first timers to ex-military. Everyone had a great time. The facilities were well maintained and the hosts, Geremy and son, Will, we're very warm and friendly.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A great shooting experience and the must do activity in Antigua by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just had a great day with Geremy and Marvin today. Had only shot clays a couple of times in the past and was very impressed with the facilities and layout at the Reservoir Range.

Geremy was very welcoming and inviting and laid down the challenge of getting a free drink if we shot a certain amount clays.

Marvin was very friendly and patient with my friend who was a complete beginner and took us around the well kept landscaped grounds and started off slowly with some very good tuition giving tips and advise on every single shot we took. He made us feel that we could do better and become more accurate with every shot we took.

Going around the grounds and getting steadily harder we continued to get better and better and felt that we achieved more technique and skill and was hitting more and more.

By the end of the 5 positions we had both easily hit enough clays to earn a very well deserved beer at the bar with Geremy who was excited to hear our results.

I would definitely recommend anyone to go to the Reservoir Range if you are interested in shooting clays or any of the other sports and experiences they offer.

Will be definitely coming back on my next trip to Antigua.

Northamptonshire
3 attraction reviews
“Mountain biking in Antigua”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

As you can see from other reviews this company is set up for a wide range of outdoor activities, but it was the mountain biking that I went for.

The bikes are all in good condition, and new this 2012/13 season, Specialized (Hardrock I think), well maintained, and they even provide a Specialized bike helmet which is a big plus. They offer 3 self-guided routes, and in 2 1/2 hours I did 2 of them, including a few photo stops, and they were excellent.

First up I did the 10 miler, all on tarmac, to Half Moon Bay. Easy to follow colour coded arrows are placed at strategic points to guide you on your way. It really is worth the effort as Half Moon Bay is spectacular. The biggest hill of the day is the climb back out of Half Moon Bay, which in the heat of the afternoon definitely got me working (quick reminder to take plenty of fluid as it can be very hot). The roads were very quiet & any traffic I did encounter gave me plenty of space, which is more than can be said for the goats which dashed out in front of me!

After returning to the Clubhouse I then set off on the 5 mile off-roader, which is basically a big loop around the reservoir, but most of the time you are cycling on tracks through open countryside & farm land. I reckon it is a bit more than 5 miles, but again easy to follow by looking out for the arrows. There is a variety of surfaces, dirt, stony, mud & some tarmac, but it was great to be able to ride an off-road route that as a visitor to the island I would never have been able to safely do otherwise. There was plenty of wildlife to see as well, egrets, hummingbirds & mongoose amongst others. The third route which I didn't have time for as well, is an 8 mile ride to English Harbour and back.

Will and the other guys at Reservoir Range were really helpful in setting me up with the right bike, and explaining what to look out for en-route, and also providing call-out contact details in the event of any mechanical help being required.

So if you fancy some cycling in Antigua and escaping from the beach for a while, I would definitely recommend the team at Resorvoir Range.

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Things just keep getting better, Reservoir Range Antigua”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Genial host Geremy Thomas will ensure that every aspect of your visit to the range is catered for, world-class clay pigeon shooting facilities and plenty more besides. We were particularly enamoured with the post shooting hospitality around the beautifully appointed central bar area in the clubhouse. We visited last year and were pleasantly surprised by the progress that the range has made both in presentation and content, this is becoming one of Antigua's primary tourist attractions for those looking to do something really out of the ordinary or simply brush up their shooting.