“Great Antigua experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 55 things to do in St. John's
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The most activities on the island of Antigua in one place! Enjoy, PAINTBALL, CLAYS PIGEON, HAND GUNS SHOOTING(SOON),AIR GUNS, ARCHERY, MOUNTAIN BIKING RENTAL. Enjoy the beautiful clubhouse set in 44 acres of stunning countryside. Free activities include Ping Pong, Air Hockey, Table Football and Darts. Potworks Dam , the best and unique outdoor activity centre.
Glenside, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Antigua experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had a great time shooting clay pigeons. So much so that we came another day to try the pistol range and archery. We were a family group of 50+ year olds so we didn't have any interest in the more strenuous offerings. We were of mixed abilities from first timers to ex-military. Everyone had a great time. The facilities were well maintained and the hosts, Geremy and son, Will, we're very warm and friendly.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Frankie G

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great shooting experience and the must do activity in Antigua by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just had a great day with Geremy and Marvin today. Had only shot clays a couple of times in the past and was very impressed with the facilities and layout at the Reservoir Range.

Geremy was very welcoming and inviting and laid down the challenge of getting a free drink if we shot a certain amount clays.

Marvin was very friendly and patient with my friend who was a complete beginner and took us around the well kept landscaped grounds and started off slowly with some very good tuition giving tips and advise on every single shot we took. He made us feel that we could do better and become more accurate with every shot we took.

Going around the grounds and getting steadily harder we continued to get better and better and felt that we achieved more technique and skill and was hitting more and more.

By the end of the 5 positions we had both easily hit enough clays to earn a very well deserved beer at the bar with Geremy who was excited to hear our results.

I would definitely recommend anyone to go to the Reservoir Range if you are interested in shooting clays or any of the other sports and experiences they offer.

Will be definitely coming back on my next trip to Antigua.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dan G
Northamptonshire
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Mountain biking in Antigua”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

As you can see from other reviews this company is set up for a wide range of outdoor activities, but it was the mountain biking that I went for.

The bikes are all in good condition, and new this 2012/13 season, Specialized (Hardrock I think), well maintained, and they even provide a Specialized bike helmet which is a big plus. They offer 3 self-guided routes, and in 2 1/2 hours I did 2 of them, including a few photo stops, and they were excellent.

First up I did the 10 miler, all on tarmac, to Half Moon Bay. Easy to follow colour coded arrows are placed at strategic points to guide you on your way. It really is worth the effort as Half Moon Bay is spectacular. The biggest hill of the day is the climb back out of Half Moon Bay, which in the heat of the afternoon definitely got me working (quick reminder to take plenty of fluid as it can be very hot). The roads were very quiet & any traffic I did encounter gave me plenty of space, which is more than can be said for the goats which dashed out in front of me!

After returning to the Clubhouse I then set off on the 5 mile off-roader, which is basically a big loop around the reservoir, but most of the time you are cycling on tracks through open countryside & farm land. I reckon it is a bit more than 5 miles, but again easy to follow by looking out for the arrows. There is a variety of surfaces, dirt, stony, mud & some tarmac, but it was great to be able to ride an off-road route that as a visitor to the island I would never have been able to safely do otherwise. There was plenty of wildlife to see as well, egrets, hummingbirds & mongoose amongst others. The third route which I didn't have time for as well, is an 8 mile ride to English Harbour and back.

Will and the other guys at Reservoir Range were really helpful in setting me up with the right bike, and explaining what to look out for en-route, and also providing call-out contact details in the event of any mechanical help being required.

So if you fancy some cycling in Antigua and escaping from the beach for a while, I would definitely recommend the team at Resorvoir Range.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank DavidBoroBoy
London, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Things just keep getting better, Reservoir Range Antigua”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Genial host Geremy Thomas will ensure that every aspect of your visit to the range is catered for, world-class clay pigeon shooting facilities and plenty more besides. We were particularly enamoured with the post shooting hospitality around the beautifully appointed central bar area in the clubhouse. We visited last year and were pleasantly surprised by the progress that the range has made both in presentation and content, this is becoming one of Antigua's primary tourist attractions for those looking to do something really out of the ordinary or simply brush up their shooting.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank JamesFRICS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What a unique and exciting thing for do and the staff are great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

What a blast! No pun intended. I big recommend it. It was so much fun. I would love for do it again.

2 Thank bob33230