“Well taken care of......” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 16 Shopping in St. John's
North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
“Well taken care of......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I recently purchased 2 watches and a pair of earrings from Diamonds International in Antigua. They have several locations within the Duty Free zone. We shopped at the smallest of their stores right by the coffee shop. While in the store, we were well taken care of and everyone was very, very nice. When we got back to our apartment, we realized that my watch was not working, and we had no way to go back to St Johns from the other side of the island. After a quick phone call to the store, they dispatched a drive to pick up my watch, take it back to the store and replace it with an identical working watch, at no cost to us. I want to commend them on amazing customer service. Thanks!

Visited November 2013

Houston
8 attraction reviews
“Just what I wanted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a particular necklace in the Robert Coin collection. I found it in Antigua at Diamonds International so have just what I wanted, at a fair price, and have a lovely momento of our cruise. Lovely experience.

Huntsville, Ontario
105 attraction reviews
“Avoid eye contact”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

These guys are poised to sell you something, forget just wandering around looking at the jewellry, no prices shown on anything. If you see what you like be prepared to barter or else you pay through the nose. sales people very smooth.

Visited October 2012
London
3 attraction reviews
“Beware of this shop in Antigua and elsewhere!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

They sold me an expensive watch that they told me was automatic. After our cruise ship left Antigua I discovered that the watch had stopped, and that the instructions and warranty booklet were not in the box! I contacted the store several times and they messed me around with all kinds of stories. Eventually they admitted it was a manual watch and told me to ring their Regional office in Barbados. The Regional office got me to send photos, the sales invoice etc and eventually just ignored my attempts to contact them. I had bought on Amex and they told me to send the watch to Antigua for replacement or refund; when I did the store refused to accept it and it was sent back to me at my expense! The store accepted that they had sold me the wrong watch but basically said it was tough and that by leaving the store with the watch I had allowed them to hide behind a no return policy! They also wouldn't send me the missing documents. I then did battle with their legal department in New York. They were obviously embarrassed at the appalling attitude from the store but said they could not force the management to be honourable! In the end I secured a token credit that didn't even cover the shipping of the watch to and from Antigua. Amex also said that they couldn't force the store to refund or replace so gave me a credit to cover some loss in value and inconvenience. So if you shop at Diamonds International you may find that you bitterly regret it afterwards and that you have no comeback on them.

Visited October 2011