“Dinner and a movie” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 83 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Caribbean, International, Sushi, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The larder is a unique gourmet deli-cafe popular with both locals and visitors in search of great food and service. Renowned as Antigua's best sushi bar and deli-cafe, the larder also offers upscale takeaway and catering. The bar provides an excellent selection of fresh juices, premium spirits and fine wines. New features include a 'Build Your Own Salad' bar, Gelateria and genuine Napolitano style thin-crust pizza -baked to order in a Woodstone oven. Breakfast from 07.00 To 11.00 Gourmet deli-cafe, sushi bar, salad bar, gelateria, pizza from 11.00 To 21.30 Monday to Saturday
“Dinner and a movie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My sister and I decided to go out and get some Sushi before we went to see Django. The food was great, we had the girls platter and spring rolls. And to drink we had Sake which was a great plus which went well with our sushi. The servers were very friendly we even asked them the definition of the larder and they were pleased to give us the definition. The meals were quite on the higher side of life but as they say "you only live once" I will be back. For sure. And with friends.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Orleans
“Favorite place on the island so far”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I am currently studying in Antigua and have been living here for about 5 months. I have been to quite a few places and I always come back to the Larder. Though it is not the best food I have ever had, it is consistently the best around the are that they serves. I usually have a fresh juice in the mornings and I have a salad or miso soup in the afternoon or evenings. They serve egg whites-a real treat for me and I hear the burgers are great- I don’t eat meat so I wouldn’t know though they do look good. They are still trying new things out and of course working out a few kinks but overall they are good, the service is great and the staff very pleasant-unlike a lot of places you can find here. They also have some of the best sushi. I say they are definitely worth a visit if you are in the neighborhood.
Price wise they are middle of the road.
I do hate the smoking but I try to sit away from the smokers. And I hate that they are not open on Sundays!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dawson Creek, Canada
“Good food, poor no smoking area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Good food at tourist prices, in the corner area of a open mall, only problem smoking is allowed outdoors and the stink lingers as airflow is poor. As in some Antigua restaurants credit cards are billed in USA dollars at 2.6 not 2.7 rate so one may want to pay with cash, even more important for Canadian travellers as you will be paying twice for exchange charges. Suggestion ask if charges will be charged in EC or US $ and use cash if in US $.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albany, New York
“Good, slightly better than average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I wasn't super impressed with this restaurant, although maybe it's because they ran out of fish when I had ordered sushi. However, once I changed what I ordered to something different, the results were good.

Visited October 2012
Dunblane, Scotland
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We ate at the Larder and had a lovely night. The sushi is delicious and fresh (we had the 'Girls plate' including sashimi, tempura rolls) and the menu varied. Six of us ate dinner and all of us were pleased with our choices. The staff were very accommodating towards our picky 8 year old and rustled up some plain pasta without any fuss. Will be back!

Visited October 2012