“Saved the best till last” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Saved the best till last”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We did the Montserrat helicopter trip on the same day as we flew home and what a amazing experience.
We arrived early and were made to feel very welcome by the staff everyone was very professional and helpful.
The trip itself takes about 50 minutes in total and it is something I would recommend everyone should do, yes it's not cheap but you get what you pay for.
My husband and son accompanied me on this unforgettable trip and even though my husband doesn't like helicopters very much he enjoyed the experience too and my son had the best view of all as he was next to Steve the pilot, he even got to see a turtle swimming in the sea on the way back from Montserrat
Thanks guys and Merry Christmas you made my holiday special

UK
34 attraction reviews
“Expensive. Good fun but views dependent on your seat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My partner and I took the Montserrat flight. This cost $550 US for the two of us for about 45-50minutes flying. We enjoyed it and had some great views, but be warned, the view you get is dependent on the seat you are given. We flew in the 6 person helicopter with a family of 4. Everyone is weighed before going and seats allocated based on this. My partner, being 6ft 3, probably wouldn't have fitted in the back, and was lucky to be given the front seat next to the pilot. He had an amazing view from there. The back cabin has 5 seats, 2 rear facing and 3 forward facing. I had a rear facing and actually the view was pretty good, although I am sure not as good as my partners, and it would have been nice to share the experience with him rather than be separated. The person in the middle seat would have had a rubbish experience, as they would not have been able to see out the cockpit either. Plus that seat generally looked quite cosy, ok if they are your family but not if you are wedged between two strangers that you can't really lean over to look out. The pilot was knowledgable and gave good commentary, the views were great. I saw a turtle swimming down below. I have landed on Montserrat previously and been into the exclusion zone and this gave a different view of it. I don't think you can appreciate the depth of the ash from the air, but you can see the widespread devastation, and it was interesting to see the volcano venting. It is a bit like looking at a car crash, but interesting at the same time.
Overall a good experience but I would have felt short changed if I'd been shoved in the middle and my partner hadn't had the front seat!

uk/usa
13 attraction reviews
“expensive island fun.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

professional outfit that delivers what they say. we did the Montserrat trip. found the staff a bit "stiff". could have been more fun with the right pilot/guide. certainly a good trip but very expensive for what it is.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Magical Montserrat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Amazing views of Island and volcano. The pilot gives lots of information and trip lasts 50 minutes.
Awesome is a much overused word, but this trip is the very definition of the word. Must see!

Lincoln, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We took the trip over Monserrat, WOW. Absolutely amazing, so glad we did it.

From booking back in August to leaving the heliport after the trip, the staff were great and really looked after us. The pilot, Maria, was absolutely lovely.

Thank you for a fabulous experience.

Visited November 2013