It is hard to explain just how comfortable and at home my wife and I felt during our two recent short stays at the Villas. We were picked up from the airport by Ryan and greeted on arrival by Jackie who turned out to be a wonderful hostess, who would sit down with us and listen to what we had to say as well as being very interesting herself.
Our room (no. 4) was large and well appointed. There was a lovely flower arrangement on the bed which gave us a feel for the attention to detail that we could expect. The bathroom was large, had a big bath with jacuzzi, walk in shower with water from above and the side, and twin wash basins with lights by the mirrors, so I could see to shave and Jenny could see to put on her make-up. Why do so many other hotels put the bathroom lights in the ceiling so they only illuminate the back of your head? All the other features (walk in wardrobe, wi-fi, air con, etc., etc.) worked well.
The dining area and adjoining terrace overlook the pool and have a stunning view over the sea to the west which is perfect for watching the sun go down whilst enjoying a cold drink. We were lucky enough to see 2 green flashes on successive evenings, one of which was by far the best we have ever seen. Being high up above the sea and west facing, the Villas is in the perfect location to see this spectacular and quite rare natural phenomenon. For some people the green flashes alone would be enough reason to stay, but that is not the best reason.
The Villas is a wonderful haven where everything seems to be at peace, so you can totally lay back and be pampered. Jackie and her staff are so relaxed and cheerful that you hardly notice just how much effort is going into looking after your every need. Drinks appear (good local beer and nice wines from Chile) and proper Caribbean food, which is all freshly prepared to order, is to die for. We loved it!
Thank you Jackie for making our stay so enjoyable and thank you TripAdvisor for helping us to find our way.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Sunset Lane Hotel St. John`s
- The Villas At Sunset Lane Hotel
- The Villas At Sunset Lane Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Sunset Lane is Antigua's #1 All-Inclusive Boutique Hotel located on the beautiful island of Antigua. Nestled on a hillside above one of the most scenic beaches and with an ever-present view of the tranquil turquoise Caribbean Sea, this 10 Room Boutique Hotel is just minutes away from St. John's (Antigua's Capital) and a 5 minute stroll to one of the most attractive beaches (Dickinson Bay) on the northwestern side of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your The Villas at Sunset Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.