From the moment we began planning our trip to Antigua, Jackie treated us like treasured members of her family. She advised us on our plans, arranged for a charter boat excursion and made sure that our Antigua experience was beyond perfect! Ryan met us at the airport with some paperwork that we needed and took us anywhere we needed to go - and even got us into exclusive places that tourists don't generally get to see! Evelyn took care of us with great warmth and good humor - getting us a cold drink or a sandwich before we even knew we wanted it!
The rooms are beautiful and comfortable with spacious baths and lovely views. The air conditioning is individually controlled in each unit, but we always slept with the (screened) windows open for the wonderful night breeze.
The beautiful beach is about a 5 minute downhill walk, and a 10 minute walk back up the gentle inclined hillside - but Ryan is always available to give you a lift if you are feeling lazy. There are chairs on the beach for reading, nice little bars for a cool drink and we were never hassled by anyone on the beach! Everyone was friendly and eager to help us have the best experience.
Ryan took me into St. John's to shop one afternoon and I had a great time exploring the little touristy shops and street vendors. Without exception, the vendors were friendly and never pushy. I felt totally at ease shopping alone for little gifts for friends at home. Ryan also took us to the other side of the island one afternoon for a great lobster lunch on the beach. We felt comfortable, safe and welcome wherever we went.
But the star of all Antigua is Jackie! There are almost no words to express how warm, welcoming and wonderful Jackie is! She made sure we wore the right shoes for the adventure of the day, packed sandwiches for our lunch at the beach, gave us a cooking class, reminded us to apply mosquito repellent (although the mosquitos are worse in Wisconsin than in Antigua!!), filled our tummies with gourmet meals, and filled our hearts with happiness.
We wanted to stay forever! Thank you Jackie, Ryan & Evelyn for taking such good care of us. We will be back!
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Sunset Lane Hotel
- The Villas At Sunset Lane Hotel St. John`s
- The Villas At Sunset Lane Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Sunset Lane is Antigua's #1 All-Inclusive Boutique Hotel located on the beautiful island of Antigua. Nestled on a hillside above one of the most scenic beaches and with an ever-present view of the tranquil turquoise Caribbean Sea, this 10 Room Boutique Hotel is just minutes away from St. John's (Antigua's Capital) and a 5 minute stroll to one of the most attractive beaches (Dickinson Bay) on the northwestern side of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Villas at Sunset Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.