On an Island that seems to suffer a bit from "arrested development and high vacancy rates" we found the Siboney Beach Club to be well maintained and well managed. Staff is helpful and polite, the adjacent bar and restaurant, Coconut Grove, is lovely, especially for breakfast and dinner/evening bar. The local breakfast, when it is available, is good, otherwise standard fare well prepared and nicely served. The local fruits were disappointing considering that Antigua has abundant sweet black pineapple and local bananas, tamarind, mango, etc. Dinner is the same with a few good dishes on nice table linens for an outside site. You can order meals to go if you plan to picnic or take an outing, however many of the popular beaches have small food stands or bars. It is important to know that Dickenson Bay beach is also populated by a large Sandal's couples resort and the Halcyon Cove resort, as well as some smaller hotels and condo developments. The beach is open in front of all properties so access is not a problem and the crowd makes the area an easy location for excursions and watersport rentals, but if you want quiet and solitude this may not be your cup of tea. That said, the Siboney has a private quiet garden surrounding a nice pool which offers a shady escape from the beach. The 1/4 mile of beach going away from the other resorts is undeveloped and lovely. Swimming is great but no local snorkeling. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance for the intrepid (Blu Pineapple is a short ride up the hill and tasty, but in need of more customers), and a new casino recently opened to cater to the big resort crowd. We used taxis to get where we needed to go and it was quite convenient though it could be pricey if you came for a week. The roads are not well marked nor particularly well designed around the main village of St. Johns, so the best part of the taxi fare is the knowledge of how to get where you are going...We found Siboney to be a great base as we ventured out sailing with Antigua Adventures one day and took advantage of the weekly Sunday sunset party at Shirley Heights (overlooking historic English Harbour) on another. You can hire a driver for the day at a very reasonable price in Antigua and you will not regret the decision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, romantic, all suites hotel set in a fabulous, bird and flower filled, tropical garden, on the sheltered mile long white sand beach of Dickenson Bay. A tranquil hideaway for the discerning, independent, traveler looking for excellence in Caribbean hospitality and 'home away from home' comfort.Palms grow through the roof of the award winning Coconut Grove Restaurant where a ribbon of sand separates the dining tables from the blue Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Regatta Hotels, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Siboney Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siboney Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Siboney Beach Hotel
- Siboney Beach Resort
- Siboney Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish