If you're looking to get away and relax, Blue Waters is the spot! My husband and returned on August 4th and were very sad to leave after 1 weeks stay. From the moment we got off the plane at the airport, we couldn't believe how the culture of the country is to be polite, helpful, and whenever possible efficient. We've been to several Caribbean islands but were very impressed by
Antigua overall. The staff at the hotel was there when you wanted, but left you alone to relax when that's what you were after. You get what you give is what I say. If you're nice to them, they're nice to you.
We stayed in the 600 block of rooms which was perfect for us, being away from the restaurants and pools. There wasn't really all that many people there so even when it was busy, it still wasn't loud. There were times when we were the only ones in the pool and never had a hard time finding a chair on the beach.
LIke others have said, beach is not big but made you feel like it was a private getaway rather than a large complex. If you're looking for a Mexico-like beach, you will be dissapointed. We spent most of the day in the water, either "the sea" as the Brit's say, or one of the 3 pools. The cold towels were the BOMB! They also serve you fresh fruit some days, or ice water. It is somewhat hit or miss though if you're on the beach, rather than the pool.
We chose not to do the all inclusive since we wanted to experience other parts of the island. In hindsight we probably should have since we only left the hotel once! For those trying to decide which way to go, when you get there you can opt for the inclusive at $100. per person per day. When you consider dinner at either restaurant ran about $130. and 2 daiquiris at the pool about $20. (w/ tax and tip) it works out about the same but you can eat and drink more on the AI! The Breakfast plan does come with afternoon tea, which didn't seem like many took advantage of. It comes w/ fruit, cucmber sandwiches and tuna, and asstd. baked goods. It is enough to hold you over til dinner. They were kind enough to pack it for me to take to the adult pool to wind down for the day. I loved the fact that people got somewhat dressed up for dinner (but to my husband's relief, not stuffy or fomal in the least!) Ladies, you don't even need a sweater for the evenings.
Shopping at the airport is lacking be advised, so get your gifts while in town. (The same things were 2x the price at the airport) I could go on and on, but we just loved the Blue Waters and would highly recommend it. We're looking forward to a return visit at some point, maybe after the new villas are open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish