My husband and I just returned from our vacation at Blue Waters. We've traveled to the Caribbean many times, and based on the reviews we read online, we were very excited about Antigua and the resort.
Perhaps our expectations were too great since we had an amazing time at a near by island several years ago, but we were slightly disappointed with our Blue Waters trip.
Excellent. The resort is beautifully landscaped. The rooms were very comfortable. Our 100 bldg room had great views. Everything seemed clean and well maintained. Nice, private beaches, plenty of space.
Several water sport activities available (kayak, wind surfing, paddleboats) at the resort. Very helpful and friendly staff. Jet skis are available from outside sources. A tour of the island by taxi is nice. The best experience all week was the Wadadli cats circumnavigation trip. This was wonderful. The staff was amazing, very friendly, fun-loving and knowledgeable about the island. I would highly recommend this trip!!
We participated in the all-inclusive plan, which is a little deceiving considering that several dinner entrees incurr an additional charge ranging from $15-20 (i.e. lobster, beef tenderloin). Overall, the food was average/above average. Breakfast is always a buffet which becomes very monotonous.
Lunch was a combination of buffet some days, order off the menu other days.
Dinner was somewhat better food that breakfast or lunch. I would highly recommend Vivyen's over the Palm. The main entree presentation is always the same-- a scoop of rice, sauteed vegetables, and which ever meat you chose. Again, it gets pretty boring.
We found the staff minimally helpful. Drink service was very slow and breakfast and lunch service was essentially non existent. Staff was, in general, not overly friendly or knowledgeable. Guest services was also not very impressive. There are plenty of brochures of things to do, but not much personal attention on planning island activities.
We probably won't be returning to Blue Waters, but overall we did have a nice vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish