We went to Blue Waters for a day visit whilst staying in Antigua last October to see if it was a suitable venue for our wedding in May 2005.
We descided straight away that this was the place.
We had a wonderful time at Blue waters.
The wedding co-ordinator Cindie Joseph was a true professional and made sure our day was perfect.
The hotel was very good but the reception staff had had a charisma bypass
and are in need of some training.
Our room in the 200 block was ok but not as good as the 100 block so if you go insist on a 100 block room.
The food was excellent and it was good to be served drinks in the proper glass which is not the case in some all inclusive hotels in the Caribbean.
Vyviens restaurant was listed as being for adult only dining but this rule was not adhered to as we encountered children dining in there on more than one occasion on our holiday.
The Spa is definately in need of some attention and the staff are only ordinary.
There was always sufficent sun loungers and there was no need to get up early to put towels on them as there were few German guests around.
The water sports were ok and you have to try the hobby cats, easy to handle once taught.
Entertainment was ok but they would insist in having a break from playing just when people were ready to dance.
On the whole a very good hotel and one to visit.
a tip if getting married, dont leave it till the last minute to obtain you DVD and wedding photos as ours didn't arrive until we were ready to leave the hotel, and when we wanted to view the DVD to ensure it was ok it became a major operation for the hotel staff. They were scurrying around trying to find a DVD player that worked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish