We stayed here as a couple last week in August first week in September.. I had reservations as we have not been to hotel which had young children for a long time, we stayed in Cove 1 and initially was sandwiched between 2 families this was not a issue as the resort was so quiet you could avoid children if you wanted. The rooms were nice and well appointed and the air con worked great .. I do think that a small investment into better hair dryers as the ones in the rooms really are not great for drying hair.. The beds were really comfy . We had not appreciated that is was just going off season as the resort was at less than 50% capacity. This was not a real problem other than the restaurants were on a rota therefore limiting options.
Resort lovely layout wonderful grounds and the most friendly staff I have ever met.. Big thank you to Gwen and her team who looked after us at the Cove. The staff at the palms restaurant we wonderful and they know your name and what you like to drink at lunchtimes... Nice touch. The food at the Palm was consistently good and I know that the new chefs are working to improve standards. The cove restaurant was in a lovely location and the food was good but not good enough to warrant a supplement again I think they are working to make this a noticeably more refined restaurant but there is still a bit further to go and I think that when you only have the Cove to choose from then the supplement on top of the AI should not be charged. Bartlets ran on a menu per week and the food here was good and the staff welcoming .. You have to try the Antiguan curry if it is on the menu.. Lovely. I think because of the small number of guests we did aanot get the choice that you would in a busier season. All the staff and just so nice go and see Carolyn at Carolyn's bar her cocktails are delicious and she will keep you chatting as long as you want.. In the pelican bar is where you will find Pearl possibly one of the nicest people I have ever met.. She will look after you.. And so will Angela whose laugh is infectious we really miss you guys and Pearl the pot was Richards Mums ... The front desk staff and Jason on tours are also really helpful.. If you only do one trip do the extreme boat trip round the island it was well worth the money and a great day out .
If I had to really criticise anything it would be that the adults only pool did not have any atmosphere No bar and no pool service...the other 2 pools both had bars this was just something we thought would be nice if you wanted to be away from children. We had a couple of days when there was no pool service at the cove pools but you could phone but I always felt guilty doing this as the mini bar was fully stocked and we could do our own .
Thank you to Solider and the water sports guys for teaching my other half how to sail the hobbie.. He had a great time.. We used the spa for. Massage , facial and a blow dry it was lovely and the staff knew their stuff. All in all if I came back to Antigua I would have to come back to Blue Waters because it was just lovely and relaxing .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish