My wife and I stayed at the Blue Waters for two weeks, in late July. We had one of the Cove Suites rooms, which was very nice - perfect condition, a wonderful view of the sea, and a semi-private pool we had to share with just a handful of other rooms. The hotel wasn't very busy at the time we went, so it was quiet and very relaxing.
If I could change one thing about the Blue Waters, it would be the food options. There are only three restaurants on the property, only two of which were open on any given day. My wife is pescetarian (vegetarian + fish), so she could eat pretty much only one or two dishes in each restaurant. We tried driving to St. John's for dinner, but we didn't feel very safe there, so we pretty much stayed on the property. The chef of one of the restaurants offered to cook a special meal for my wife once, but still - it was less than ideal.
If you have no dietary restrictions and are looking for a quiet, relaxing vacation in a beautiful place, the Blue Waters may be for you. If you, or someone in your party, doesn't eat meat, you may want to consider other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish