As I say in my title, if I could have one word to describe Grand Pineapple Beach (GPB) then it would be "nice".
My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel for 2wks at the beginning of Sept and our stay was pleasant enough (I was quite nervous after reading the previous reviews).
I can see whay some people have described the hotel as 'amazing' and I can also see why others have described it as 'terrible'. It depends what parts you focus on - and of course what sort of hotels you are comparing it to....
If you're usually used to 4/5* hotels with pool waiter-service, fancy rooms, amazing staff (as my recent holidays tend to have been) - then you'll need to change your usual expectations before arriving at GPB. But that doesn't mean that you can't enjoy the hotel after accepting it for what it is.
It's very basic. Basic rooms (I had a beachfront which could do with a refurb), basic service (sometimes a tad too moody for my liking), and basic decor (could do with a good lick of paint!) BUT I found it all to be rather clean (and trust me I am a nightmare for cleanliness!), and if I had any problems then the service from the reception staff was great.
As I said earlier, it depends what you focus on.... I could moan about the slight grime around the edge of the pool (which I did see someone tryng to clean to be fair - although we were all in the pool at the time!) or the couple of dodgy meals I had BUT I just put those things to the back of my mind and focused on the good stuff. After all, we all look forward to our vacations for so long - why spoil it by moaning and making it much worse than it really is?
I knew what I was getting myself in for when I booked GPB - you can't expect 5* luxury for those sort of prices, but you can expect a very pleasant and clean holiday! And I can assure you that you will get that here. If you are unhappy with something then you have to report it to the hotel - don't moan about it for your whole holiday, and then whinge more on websites like this when you get home! The manager & assistant manager there are lovely.
If I won millions on the lottery then I would love to buy this hotel and give it a good shake-up and sort-out! It could be absolutely amazing, but as it stands now, it is perfectly "nice" and if you want a week or so of relaxation in a lovely country, then it'll be absolutely fine and should do the job nicely! Enjoy.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua Hotel
- Grand Pineapple Beach Hotel
- Pineapple Beach
- Grand Pineapple Beach
- Grand Pineapple
- Grand Pineapple Beach Resort
- Grand Pineapple Antigua
- Grand Pineapple Beach Club
- Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua Saint John Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on Long Bay – the best secluded white sand beach on the north-eastern coast in Antigua•Thirty minutes away from the V.C. Bird International Airport and from St. John’s, Antigua’s capital city•An all-inclusive resort that caters to everyone…singles, couples, families and groups•Houses 180 deluxe rooms with bright and colorful buildings and perfectly manicured gardens •Interactive and family oriented…where warm and friendly staff refers to guests by name ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.