I just spent 8 days at the Pineapple Resort. When we first arrived my husband and I were really not impressed at all. The lobby was the cheasiet I have ever seen! We stayed in a garden view room, which was very disappointing. The rooms are very dark and run down. After 2 hours we were really considering going to check in to the Sandals, but decided to give the Pineapple a chance. Once we spent a full day at this resort we came up with a few good points.........
1. The beach is absolutely wonderful. One of the best I've ever seen.
2. The atmosphere at the resort is very laid back and relaxing.
3. It wasn't an over crowded resort, which is what we wanted.
4. The food was a little better than expected after reading some comments.
Not so good points........
1. The resort as a whole desperately needs remodeling. it is verrrrrry run down.
2. The service at the snack bar was the worst. It's like we were bothering the workers every time we asked for something. I really wanted to say to them "HELLO this is your job and we are paying for your salary! Lighten up!" I didn't really appreciate feeling like I was bothering someone to get me a hot dog every once in awhile. This to me puts a real damper on any resort.
3. Nightly entertainment could use some spicing up.
4. There was no drink service on the beach.
5. The pools were rather small.
6. Definitely over priced for what it is worth.
I am comparing this resort based on the ones I have already stayed at which are: Sheraton - Bahamas, Sandals Royal Carribean - Jaimaca (EXCELLENT), Occidental Grand Flamenco - Punta Cana (which was great by the way). Grand Fiesta - Riviera Maya, Mexico.
In the end, what my husband and I were looking for was relaxtion which is about the only great thing at this place! I would return to Antigua in a heartbeat, but not Grand Pienapple.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on Long Bay – the best secluded white sand beach on the north-eastern coast in Antigua•Thirty minutes away from the V.C. Bird International Airport and from St. John’s, Antigua’s capital city•An all-inclusive resort that caters to everyone…singles, couples, families and groups•Houses 180 deluxe rooms with bright and colorful buildings and perfectly manicured gardens •Interactive and family oriented…where warm and friendly staff refers to guests by name ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Grand Pineapple Beach Hotel
- Grand Pineapple Antigua
- Grand Pineapple Beach Club
- Pineapple Beach Antigua
- Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua Saint John Parish