We spent a nice 2 weeks in November at the GP, almost all the guests were fellow Brits which was nice to make new friends.
The location is lovely, right on the beach, pure white sand, but not very far to walk either way with cliffs both sides, but out of the hotel, turn right, pass the Verandah Hotel, turn left to Devils Bridge, about 35 mins, stunning coastline.
On the right side of the beach there is some great safe snorkelling to be had and very clear water, lots of fish.
A trip which is a must do, Stingray City, safe fast boat trip is good fun, the Stingrays are so tame and no risk whatsoever,Marvelous Marvin will no doubt offer his services, he's one of the vendors on the beach.
Our beachfront room 117 was in a lovely location, 5m from a sunbed, 30m from the Aqua Bar, pure bliss. Air Con was really good, plus a ceiling fan, so, nice and cool, bed was big and comfy, telly ok, as was the bathroom, but the bath needed replacing, wardrobe door fell off twice, and no wall pictures as were in other rooms, towels were plentiful and lovely and fresh.
Sunbeds are plentifull, bit dated and saggy though, but easy to drink a beer in comfort, lots of shade from either the umbrella's of palm trees.
Dining room seems short of tables when the hotel is nearing capacity so expect a short wait to be seated when busy. Food quality is very good, breakfast is spot on, dinner service can vary especially when busy, I would have thought more guests mean more staff required, simple really. Birds are no problem, we are their guests, just cover your table or don't leave food or drink unattended.
Entertainment was good but nowhere near enough seating to watch it, we never had a seat once in the 2 weeks.
Bars are a bit of a problem, the barmen do their best with amazing speed especially Allie and Eddie, but only 1 bar in the evening is a problem, they are rushed off their feet, hence the beer quality can vary from great to undrinkable most likely cause is glasses are not dried, but all other drinks were great, the wine was of very good quality.
Pineapple grill was excellent, super service and food served to the highest standard, had 2 meals there, really nice evenings.
Mary's Outhouse did nothing for us, a bit like sitting in a garden shed, but a cold beer or two was nice, wit views to die for, well worth the walk.
Worth taking Mosquito spray and after bite, you don't see the blighters, but they see you, leaving you scratching little bites in the morning.
The staff here are all friendly, extremely hard working, from gardeners to cleaners, any problems just tell them, they do their best to sort any issues, reception being the exception, we had to vacate our room at 11am, when the pick up for our return flight was 3.45pm, no courtesy room was offered, very strange.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on Long Bay – the best secluded white sand beach on the north-eastern coast in Antigua•Thirty minutes away from the V.C. Bird International Airport and from St. John’s, Antigua’s capital city•An all-inclusive resort that caters to everyone…singles, couples, families and groups•Houses 180 deluxe rooms with bright and colorful buildings and perfectly manicured gardens •Interactive and family oriented…where warm and friendly staff refers to guests by name ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Grand Pineapple Beach Hotel
- Grand Pineapple Antigua
- Grand Pineapple Beach Club
- Pineapple Beach Antigua
- Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua Saint John Parish