We had a lovely holiday here in December 12. Loved the feel of the place which was very relaxed with a mixture of ages but mostly adults. The bar was always very friendly and civilised with no huge queues. They even had Pimms!
Our beachfront room was lovely in that we could hear the sea all night and could step right off our veranda onto the beach. However, there is only one window, also just by the beach, so you have a choice of no natural light or being in full view of everyone. Some blinds or thin curtains would make a huge difference as the room was quite dingy. The tropical waterfront rooms looked much more private as you could open the curtains without being overlooked.
Buffet food was good but only available every other night or so. On other nights the main restaurant was a la carte which was very repetitive and the one vegetarian option was unappealing. We tried the Italian section one night which was comically bad. The beach buffet, which was on one night while we were there, was lovely.
It's a manageable walk to Devil's Bridge which we did a couple of times. There was nothing else within walking distance. We did a day trip touring around the island with Ronnie on the beach and booked a taxi into St Johns another day. There really isn't much to do or see in St Johns so a couple of hours would have sufficed.
The cats up at Marys Outhouse were adorable and we went up to see them several times. Don't be scared off by the terrifying looking black and white bruiser who's covered in scars - he's a softy and loves attention.
The library is really handy to pick up and leave books. It saved me lots of suitcase space. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. A few people we spoke to had worked there for years which is always a good sign. We also met some lovely fellow guests which whom we did both trips
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on Long Bay – the best secluded white sand beach on the north-eastern coast in Antigua•Thirty minutes away from the V.C. Bird International Airport and from St. John’s, Antigua’s capital city•An all-inclusive resort that caters to everyone…singles, couples, families and groups•Houses 180 deluxe rooms with bright and colorful buildings and perfectly manicured gardens •Interactive and family oriented…where warm and friendly staff refers to guests by name ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Grand Pineapple Beach Hotel
- Grand Pineapple Antigua
- Grand Pineapple Beach Club
- Pineapple Beach Antigua
- Grand Pineapple Beach Antigua Saint John Parish