“Perfect Chillout Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 20 hotels in St. John's
Inverness, Scotland
“Perfect Chillout Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had high hopes for our "complete relaxation" holiday, and our first time on this island. As it turned out (although I hate to admit it) my wife could not have picked a better place! The weather, beach and surrounds were simply breath-taking. The size of the accommodation block (with a comparative handful of rooms) as well as the fact that there were no children running around just emphasised how perfect this place was.
The majority of the staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful, which made spending time off the beach equally enjoyable.
The rooms were pretty basic: they could certainly do with some much-needed TLC. We did learn, however, that this is in the process of being done. If this had been done prior to our arrival, the Coconut Beach Club would have received a "5" from us!

Room Tip: At this time, the ground floor rooms have been upgraded with better A/C units!

598 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Point Pleasant Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I visited the Coconut Beach Club for 4 nights. We were looking for a short get-away which would provide a nice beach, good food and service; but most of all a place to relax. This was the perfect place for all of that. We were given a suite with 2 balconies overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The first night we were there we slept 11 hours due to the peacefulness of the room with the only sound being that of the waves. Food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We arranged a Circumnavigation Tour of the island and a scuba diving excursion through Frenchie who we found sitting near the pool. He goes out of his way to make sure all goes well with the tours and even checked to make sure we liked them when we returned. Highly recommend seeing him if you wish to go on any excursions. We also did the Nature Walk which was offered through the hotel (on Thurs. only). This was an interesting tour with great views. Be sure to wear good supportive walking sandals/sneakers as you will be doing some climbing.
I also went to the spa and had a Swedish Massage and Indian Head Massage. The service provided was excellent, but a little pricier than what I pay at home. I would highly recommend it.
This resort is small and there was never a problem finding a beach chair or getting to eat when you want to at dinner time. We travel each year to a different island with an all-inclusive offer and have never been as pleased as we were with this trip. Yes, the mosquitoes are a pain, but the hotel does do it's best to keep it under control by spraying ever other day. Just remember to bring the Deet with you. The resort is a bit dated, but for us it gave more of the island charm. We truly do hope that someday we will be able to return to this fine resort. Do not hesitate to come here, unless you are looking for a place which has a party atmosphere.

Room Tip: All rooms are facing the Caribbean Sea so it all depends on your own personal preference whether you...
reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

A great place to stay if you are looking for complete relaxation in a very beautiful surroundings. This hotel is small but I find that refreshing as you treated as an individual guest and feel very welcome.
The rooms are basic but cleaned to a high standard every day. The bar is great with amazing and very happy staff serving delicious cocktails from 10am!

The food in a restaurant is really good, I have always been weary with it comes to all inclusive as I am not a fan of recycled food, but this is something different. Each day the food is fresh and displays great variety, as you can imagine there is lots of fish on the menu but it also caters for other meat eaters and vegetarian. The dinner each evening is a la carte, which is a breath of fresh air! the food is amazing I have to say and something that I just wasn’t expecting.

The beach is great, secluded and clean and the sea clear and blue and very welcoming.

I would recommend this hotel to all my friends, I wanted to say BIG thank you to ALL the staff that were just great and so polite and helpful it has made our holiday and we will definitely be coming back.

Just be careful in October as we had a lot of rain!

Room Tip: Ground floor so you can walk straight onto the beach!
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

if you dont want luxury but want something akin to the Caribbean way then you must stay at this hotel. We went as a party of 4 to celebrate a 50th birthday and stayed for 10 days all inclusive. The service was brilliant without being over the top and i could quite happily name all the staff here as they were just wonderful people just happy to help.
Its a quite location mostly as there is some nearby loud music at night, beach front rooms which are tropical clean and tidy with all that you will need, Limited usage for phones etc no papers just get away and chill out. The food on the evening is worth the money as its easily 4* and most people stick with the formal dress code which is nice.
No children so you dont have to be on edge with the little ones running around so relax and let the worries of the world pass you by.
Just a lovely place to be.

Ashbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I suppose that my memories of Coconut Beach are all the more poignant as I have just come in, back in Derbyshire, from 3c.whereas last week was 30c. I was last in Antigua 30 years ago, I loved it then and I loved my most recent visit. Coconut Beach Club is a bit special, just 38 rooms fronting a lovely and sheltered curving beach bordered by palm trees and leading to beautiful clear sea. The whole atmosphere is relaxed and informal with the simple and perfectly reasonable request that men wear collared shirts and long trousers for dinner. Having mentioned Dinner - the food at Coconut Beach is 4*, varied, nourishing and tasty and, at dinner, particularly well presented. Be warned, it is very easy to overeat! The dining room is simple but perfect for the tropics and within a few feet of the Bar and Terrace. Coconut Beach is 3* but its staff are 5*, lovely, friendly, caring and great fun. I can pay them no greater compliment than to say that it would be unfair to pick anyone out for special mention, nothing is too much trouble, I miss them.
The hotel grounds are well tended and lush. The rooms are fine if a little dated. Each has, at ground floor, a terrace or a veranda at first or second floor levels, each with a hammock and a couple of comfortable chairs, lovely places to be, to look at or to just listen to the sea. The whole place is just great and I would go back tomorrow with no hesitation. The island of Antigua is known for its beautiful beaches, 365 in total! Do see as much as you can - can I plug two full day trips. The Treasure Island Cruises circumnavigation of the island is memorable in so many ways, from the tiny island swimming or snorkelling, to sailing into English Harbour, a great and fun crew. The other is the Jeep Safari, an opportunity to see so many of the islands beautiful features during a fascinating glimpse of its past and present, don't miss Devils Bridge and Shirley Heights.

Room Tip: No need, they all overlook the beach and sea - perfectly positioned
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
St Martin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed 2 nights. We were in the spacious room at last floor, with sea view.
Service was good.
All inclusive formula.
Very quiet, with tropical garden.
No wifi in the rooms, only common parts, too bad.
Food was good.
Good animation

Wokingham, Berkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Just back from two weeks at this hotel and for once can honestly say I would definately go back one day. I was not sure what to expect having never been to such a small hotel before but having now experienced same I can only say how wonderful it is. With no TVs in the rooms the only thing to do in the evening (other than plenty of early nights) is to sit in the bar and chat! Staff were on the whole brilliant can could not fault any of the evening staff in the restaurant. Some of the breakfast staff could certainly take a tip or two from the evening brigade and learn how to smile a bit!

Food was lovely for what they offered although don't get fooled by the eating a la carte. It is a basic table d'hote menu with two choices plus veggie option along with a special "pasta" every night. What they did do though they did amazingly well.

Sea was perfect for us although there were a lot of jelly fish on the odd day. On a good dat there were only one or two. Although the beaches are all public in Antigua they are all pretty difficult to get to and this one was no exception. Good thing was that there were no hawkers going up and down the beach all day trying to sell you things. Loungers all looked as if they were 10+ years old and really could do with replacing although they were perfectly comfortable.

We took one of the Junior Suites and had no issues with the room at all. Clean and comfy all round!!

All in all a great vacation and as mentioned at the begining we will almost certainly return one day. I reckon that a good 40% of people I spoke to there had been to the hotel at least once before their current visit. This speaks volumes for the place.

Oh and did I mention they don't take kids? Bliss!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Coconut Beach Club? Share your experiences!