I suppose that my memories of Coconut Beach are all the more poignant as I have just come in, back in Derbyshire, from 3c.whereas last week was 30c. I was last in Antigua 30 years ago, I loved it then and I loved my most recent visit. Coconut Beach Club is a bit special, just 38 rooms fronting a lovely and sheltered curving beach bordered by palm trees and leading to beautiful clear sea. The whole atmosphere is relaxed and informal with the simple and perfectly reasonable request that men wear collared shirts and long trousers for dinner. Having mentioned Dinner - the food at Coconut Beach is 4*, varied, nourishing and tasty and, at dinner, particularly well presented. Be warned, it is very easy to overeat! The dining room is simple but perfect for the tropics and within a few feet of the Bar and Terrace. Coconut Beach is 3* but its staff are 5*, lovely, friendly, caring and great fun. I can pay them no greater compliment than to say that it would be unfair to pick anyone out for special mention, nothing is too much trouble, I miss them.
The hotel grounds are well tended and lush. The rooms are fine if a little dated. Each has, at ground floor, a terrace or a veranda at first or second floor levels, each with a hammock and a couple of comfortable chairs, lovely places to be, to look at or to just listen to the sea. The whole place is just great and I would go back tomorrow with no hesitation. The island of Antigua is known for its beautiful beaches, 365 in total! Do see as much as you can - can I plug two full day trips. The Treasure Island Cruises circumnavigation of the island is memorable in so many ways, from the tiny island swimming or snorkelling, to sailing into English Harbour, a great and fun crew. The other is the Jeep Safari, an opportunity to see so many of the islands beautiful features during a fascinating glimpse of its past and present, don't miss Devils Bridge and Shirley Heights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Beach Club is an affordable all inclusive resort also offering room only accommodations. We are a small, intimate and friendly and cater mainly to couples who want a quiet, restful and laid back Caribbean vacation. All rooms are beach front and include air conditioning, balcony with hammock and easy chairs, ceiling fan, fridge, bath and shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and telephone. Junior suites include dining facilities and kitchenette. Deluxe Suites have an extra bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Coconut Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Coconut Beach Hotel
- Coconut Beach Resort
- Coconut Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Coconut Beach Antigua