My wife and I just returned from beautiful Antigua. The island is breathtaking. I would highly recommend the eXtreme adventure trip around the island as well as renting a cab (tx 381) ask for Roger) for a land excursion. The service was excellent ,the food in the kimono (blackenese) restaurant was top notch!! The other restaurant's were very good, however the Kimono was the bomb.
On a negative note that Sandals had no control over was the fact that our luggage didn't arrive on the island until late evening on the following day of our arrival. This was due to the fact that the flight was too heavy and luggage was left behind. This should have been communicated to me but was not. The resort management tried to assure me that all was good but hey you get upset when you don't have your stuff!!! We did get a bag with our shoes. I also want to add that there were numerous guests that offered up clothes and anything else that they could provide.
This is why we go to Sandals so often (this is our 5th visit to a Sandals property) --family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish