This resort is our favorite. All the other glowing reviews you read are true, so I won't try to say the same things other than to say this place is wonderful!
The picture of an island map did not upload, but do go to the internet and study the island.
Also, really study the resort map and decide a room choice.
We were in the Caribbean side, second floor, room 124 for reference. It was wonderful, but if we go back we will get a ground floor walkout. We see now that is so much handier. We had our own pool or could go to the main one. Our room just a few yards from the beach.
Make sure to go to all the restaurants. We liked that you don't need reservations every time like some resorts. All good, lot's of variety, sit down or buffet. Don't just do the buffet for breakfast, try Eleanor's also.
All the staff there were super good, fun to be around.
We liked the entertainment at night, that adds to the whole experience.
The day trip by catamaran around the island is fun, very interesting, and great photo ops.
If you decide to do the Shirley Heights trip, make sure weather is good. It rained for us, no fun and no sunset photos.
There is acutally a lot of history in this island. People we talked to did the automobile trip through the resort and really liked it. I wouldn't be brave enought to do on my own.
The beach is great, and they have security at all entrances from the beach.
Don't swim with your iphone in your pocket!
They post the week's activities so make sure to read that, it helps.
First time we have ever seen a resort manager not only working but taking part with the guests!
If your read this and want more information or pictures let me know.
If you go to this resort just make sure to experience all of it.
Just simply fantastic!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel
- Sandals Grande Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.