My wife and I returned on 10/27 from a 7 day stay at SGA. We stayed on the Med. side of the resort, room 7303. I will give you the pro's and con's of our stay.
The resort is beautiful, well maintained, very lush
The room was very comfortable, bathroom was spacious, great rainhead glass shower and jacuzzi tub for two.-Venetian Oceanview Room
Though at capacity, the resort never felt full
Easy to get reservations for restaurants that require one
The majority of the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful
The majority of the food was excellent, particularly Mario's for any meal, Bayside and Eleanors for breakfast, Kimono's for dinner, the Jerk Chicken at Barefoots, THE PIZZA, the wings at the pub...
Plenty of beachside and pool bars
Deserted beach to the left of the room
Convenient to the airport
Circumnavigation Tour was awesome
Check In and Out was a breeze
In Room Bar-Never ran out of Champagne!
The pool and bayside bartenders wewre excellent, great people!
Service at times was slow and indifferent, several nights at the pub we were ignored for 20 min while servers walked past and wouldn't look up or greet us. The bartender had to force the server to come over and take our order. This service was the exception rather than the rule. The pub seemed to have the worst service from the servers. The bartenders were awesome!
I wanted to take a Hobie Cat out on the bay, there were 4 on the beach not in use and two out on the bay at the time, I approached a Sandals worker who was on speaker phone with a buddy and asked if I could take out a hobie cat on the bay, he told me that all of the Hobies on the beach were broken and I couldn't sail then. He told me not to wait around in the hot sun and come back later. Amazingly, the next day all of the Hobie Cats were on the water. I felt like I was intruding on the water sports staff. Left a rather poor impression of the resort on me.
No map of the resort to be found! Had to learn as we went.
Dinner at Eleanors, after a long wait, was stone cold-Lobster and mashed potatoes
All in all, I would come back to Sandals Grande Antigua. My wife and I had a great time and enjoyed the staff and the resort very much. We celebrated our 5th anniversary with dinner on the beach which was excellent-the food, the romantic scenery, everything was perfect for us. I hope Sandals will do more in the future to ensure a more consistent level of service from the staff. Find a way to incentivize the service staff and they will deliver!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort And Spa
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Sandals Antigua
- Sandals Grande Antigua Hotel
- Sandals Grande Antigua
- Hotel Sandals Grande Antigua
- Sandals Grand Antigua
- Antigua Sandals
- Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa Saint John Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A European Hotel in the Six-Star, all-suite Mediterranean Village •Exotic Rondoval with private plunge pool and butler service •1,400 square foot Mediterranean villa with private plunge pool and butler service•Houses the East Caribbean's largest pool (1 of 6) •Offers 9 dining options and 8 bars including an English pub •Voted "World's Most Romantic Resort" 14 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, Venere, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.